Stepping out of my comfort zone!

412 Burgh

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.zacharydiberadin.me
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
First ever family shot. It was mostly of their two daughters but I threw them in there for some! I am pretty happy with how the shoot went. I opted for the reflector + natural light. However, for some of the shots I used my SB700 for very light fill. I'll post more once I go through them!

As always I would love for you to shred this up with constructive criticism. Thank you in Advance

Callie by ZDiBeradin, on Flickr
Family by ZDiBeradin, on Flickr

Last edited:
I think the picture would be much better without mom and dad in the background! The way they are standing back there is awkward because they are so far apart from each other. Also, mom is really stiff. I always have my ladies take the wieght of one of their legs to make it more casual and emphasize a woman's curves. Stick straight doesn't tend to work for ladies. And the placement of mom and dad to the side of the girls is weird. I think this could have worked if mom and dad were sitting together back and to the side of the girls. Something to think about for next time maybe. :)

I totally agree, the parents need to be removed. Also, whats going on with the sky? It looks as if dads head is floating. Have you added the background in photoshop?

The capture of the girls is adorable.

The girls are definitely adorable though I think the WB is a little off on the cool side. You captured a great moment!

I agree with Rebekah's comments on the parents. Also with Pisto; not sure if the background is added or it looks to me as though you've tried to mask the parents and make the sky white? If so the mask didn't work well. That's very intensive and painstaking work and needs lots of practice if you are going to carry it off successfully. It's very obvious around their heads and his arms, also along the tops of the trees. Was there a reason for doing this?

Could you post the unprocessed version? :)

The sky was blown out. I bumped up the whites which probably caused it to look like I masked it. Ill upload original sooc shortly

here is JPEG SOOC shot. Shrunk the long edge down to 1250 but I think it'll help.

$ZMD_4039.jpg

Here is one of their baby. Let me know if you like this one. I was trying to do my first backlit style with the warm effect of the sun. Sometimes I feel I got it... Sometimes I feel I didn't.

Callie by ZDiBeradin, on Flickr

here is JPEG SOOC shot. Shrunk the long edge down to 1250 but I think it'll help.

View attachment 54963

Hmmm, I see. Too much variety of light for the camera to handle. You pretty much nailed it with the girls but that left everything else screwed. I like the general idea but I think Rebekah had good insight on the posing etc. You might have pulled it off if the day had been dull and overcast but as is saving a crop of the girls will be difficult with dad's legs there.

Thanks for sharing, I've learned from this, too.... not that we usually get such bright weather here in the UK (must admit, this year has been an exception). LOL!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back