Steve Spoons

Black_Square

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Steve, is a street musician who you guessed it, plays the spoons. As a homage to Pink Floyd his next album is called 'Dark Side of the Spoon'. No kidding. A wonderful character.

Here he is in action:

38850414922_898fbcf1c4_b.jpg

Last edited:
Interesting story and great expression; I can't help feeling that the processing is just a bit over the top however.

This is awesome. I wouldn't change a thing.

Like JC I wouldn't change anything. To me the processing fits the man quite well.

Interesting story and great expression; I can't help feeling that the processing is just a bit over the top however.

Thanks Tirediron, I think you're right about the postprocessing. I had another look at it with fresh eyes, and felt it was a tad too oversaturated. I've corrected this and think it now looks much better. :)

This is awesome. I wouldn't change a thing.

Ha ha - thank you :)

Like JC I wouldn't change anything. To me the processing fits the man quite well.

Thanks smoke665. I'm pleased you like the shot and editing.

You sure have some unique characters near you!

I certainly do, although it takes a bit of time finding them!

Love it. Wouldn’t change anything. Usually the only issues I have with your images is under exposure and white balance, but this looks perfectly done to me, and you seem to have really captured his essence.

Sent from my iPhone using ThePhotoForum.com mobile app

Last edited:
I really like the picture. As I'm not familiar with editing yet I hope to one day get as close to this picture. I watched the video and thought " yep , this is him " and also I was jamming to the beat.

Love it. Wouldn’t change anything. Usually the only issues I have with your images is under exposure and white balance, but this looks perfectly done to me, and you seem to have really captured his essence.

Thanks Dan - much appreciated :)

Sent from my iPhone using ThePhotoForum.com mobile app

I really like the picture. As I'm not familiar with editing yet I hope to one day get as close to this picture. I watched the video and thought " yep , this is him " and also I was jamming to the beat.

Thanks Booda - his energy levels of way up there so plenty to jam too!

I'm not a fan of this kind of processing, sorry. I like the crispness of the beard and his lively eyes, but it's the color of the skin that simply doesn't ring true to me. For all the good work of the rest of the shot, it is the skin that keeps my eye looking around thinking, "Cooked and plastic-y." Makes me think of him as more a CG movie character than a human being, and lessens him somehow.

Just my two cents. ;) He's definitely an interesting person to be able to shoot - and listen to!

I'm not a fan of this kind of processing, sorry. I like the crispness of the beard and his lively eyes, but it's the color of the skin that simply doesn't ring true to me. For all the good work of the rest of the shot, it is the skin that keeps my eye looking around thinking, "Cooked and plastic-y." Makes me think of him as more a CG movie character than a human being, and lessens him somehow.

Just my two cents. ;) He's definitely an interesting person to be able to shoot - and listen to!

No problem Terri - thanks for the comments :)

Most reactions

Back