Still getting back on track

marcookie

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi,

I'm starting fresh with photography after years of (almost) inactivity. I'd like some feedback, to see if it's true that "my first 10000 shots are my worst" and that with constant practice I can improve. Much easier now that I finally embraced digital. Clearly, not really sure of what my stile is yet...

Now experimenting with circles. I like the sense of depth from the steep wall and the out of focus background. Also, some relationship (triangle-like) between the dead and alive plants. Not sure about the lens cap. It was just there and I wanted to keep the setup to a minimum.

_DSF5241.jpg

Attachments

• _DSF5241.jpg
    _DSF5241.jpg
    615.6 KB · Views: 100
I quite like this image; it's got a sharp, clean look to it, and the perspective makes me think for a second or two. Well done.

This is very very nice and quite interesting. You can flip it 180 degrees and still get the equal impact. What I find to be overly distracting are the two thin disorderly plants.

This image is well worth shooting again and again with different pots and plants. The good thing about the plants is that they give you perspective. The bad thing about the plants is that they give you perspective.

This is very very nice and quite interesting. You can flip it 180 degrees and still get the equal impact. What I find to be overly distracting are the two thin disorderly plants.

This image is well worth shooting again and again with different pots and plants. The good thing about the plants is that they give you perspective. The bad thing about the plants is that they give you perspective.
To add on to this (Gary articulated nicely about the plants what I couldn't put into words in my earlier post), I think removing the plants and trying say a cup of coffee and over-turned book, as though someone had been reading and got up, or even a bare table.

Most reactions

Back