Still having trouble

EscapeTurn

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I posted a few weeks back with a concern about my blurry pictures.

I got very helpful feedback. Since then I've been experimenting with my camera, reading the manual, and trolling these forums. While I've learned a ton, I'm still a noob! :p

I had the opportunity to shoot my dogs running in the same low light as before, at about 7:30 AM.

I did just as you advised. I rolled the dial to P, set the ISO to 400 and I put the EV at 0 because anything higher washed out the image. The pictures did improve in clarity, but they weren't what I was hoping for.

I'm trying to get down to the root of my problem. Any advice would really be appreciated!

Edited to Add: They only run like this in the morning when it's cool, so unfortunately shooting them doing this around noon isn't really an option.

Here are a couple examples:

zoomies03.jpg

zoomies04.jpg

zoomies08.jpg

Thanks in advance! :wink:

It's motion blur... the subjects are moving too fast for the shutter speed. In the case of the first image, it also seems you were panning the camera while the shutter was open, causing the whole image to be blurry. The simple fact is your camera might not be able to capture images with a fast enough shutter speed in the kind of lighting you're shooting in. The only other thing I can think of to try is to use the flash. If the subjects are at a good distance (not too close, not too far), then your images might come out better.

Turn the flash on and put it in action mode. You may need a camera with a faster lens and/or higher ISO if you can't do it when there is more light.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back