Stock Photography Thread

this is a joke right?
Based on how quick the OP was to respond at the start of this thread and the fact that he's disappeared, I'm thinking it was a half-hearted attempt at the photographic equivalent of a phishing scam. I have to admit, at the beginning, I thought he/she was serious. :confused:

I like the idea of this one im not at a computer with access to my work at the minute but I am postiong not to keep track of it when I get home. After all noone really gets paid from doing stock work so why not toss some up for free!!
Wes
So if someone throws a right hook at your face, you lean into it? ;)

I think giving photographs away for free is a FANTASTIC idea. Since you're obviously going with a coffee shop theme, I think I can help.

The lighting for this shot consisted of continuous overhead fluorescent tubes with a textured clear plastic diffusion panel, coupled with a strobed blink with a 24" iMac monitor, on lens axis, just below camera. Camera was built in to the top edge of the aforementioned iMac monitor, effectively tethered to the iMac. Camera control software was Photobooth, which I believe comes bundled with Mac OS X (Snow Leopard). Alternatively, I think it is available as part of the iLife suite.

I spent literally several minutes on the post processing, mostly because I don't know where Photobooth dumps files by default. Anyway, I couldn't decide on which look I liked best, so here's a sepia toned, b&w, and the original. All except the original have adjustments to WB, contrast, and heavy sharpening (all PP done in Mac Preview, adjust color panel).

1. Sepia Toned
Photo%20on%202011-01-20%20at%2014.18toned.jpg

2. Black and white
Photo%20on%202011-01-20%20at%2014.18b%26w.jpg

3. Original

Photo%20on%202011-01-20%20at%2014.18.jpg

Feel free to use these to propel you career, um, forward. Just don't forget to credit me, Infidel.

Edit: Forgot to mention, but C&C is very much appreciated.

Last edited:
Put the watermark over his face not his chest ;)

I think giving photographs away for free is a FANTASTIC idea. Since you're obviously going with a coffee shop theme, I think I can help.

The lighting for this shot consisted of continuous overhead fluorescent tubes with a textured clear plastic diffusion panel, coupled with a strobed blink with a 24" iMac monitor, on lens axis, just below camera. Camera was built in to the top edge of the aforementioned iMac monitor, effectively tethered to the iMac. Camera control software was Photobooth, which I believe comes bundled with Mac OS X (Snow Leopard). Alternatively, I think it is available as part of the iLife suite.

I spent literally several minutes on the post processing, mostly because I don't know where Photobooth dumps files by default. Anyway, I couldn't decide on which look I liked best, so here's a sepia toned, b&w, and the original. All except the original have adjustments to WB, contrast, and heavy sharpening (all PP done in Mac Preview, adjust color panel).

Wow you spent several minutes on that post processing? Truly impressive. I must say, your stock photography work is quite visionary.

Wow you spent several minutes on that post processing? Truly impressive. I must say, your stock photography work is quite visionary.

Thanks for the kind words. In the original spirit of the thread, please feel free to use the images for either your personal or commercial projects.

Last edited:
I missed the part where it said he was a web designer.

NOW this all makes sense... :er:

Yes it does, I wish to share my photos with others and have others share with me.

It's really a win-win

this is a joke right?
Based on how quick the OP was to respond at the start of this thread and the fact that he's disappeared, I'm thinking it was a half-hearted attempt at the photographic equivalent of a phishing scam. I have to admit, at the beginning, I thought he/she was serious. :confused:

Nope, I have not disappeared, just busy.

So in keeping in tune with the purpose of the thread here are some more photos.

black-prosche-wheel.jpg

_MG_7700.jpg

More to come!

Most reactions

Back