Stock Photography Thread

KamesG

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello Everyone

As a photographer I love to share my work!

As a designer I am always looking for stock photography to use in all types of projects.

So, naturally I feel the two can should be combined.

I wish to start a thread where all photo's posted can be used for stock photography on personal & commercial projects. Anything you post will be considered free to use.

“The value of a man resides in what he gives and not in what he is capable of receiving.”

Break-on-Rack.jpg

Coffe-Machne-Blurred.jpg

Close-up-bread.jpg

Blurry-Coffe-and-Scone.jpg

Wouldn't posting anything under those rules make it worthless for stock?

I suggest you search the creative commons on Flickr - there are tons of pictures of all kinds of things that you are free to use with very little restriction.

edit
Though, they usually cannot be used for commercial purposes.

Last edited:
I don't know why you're coming after me specifically. I only implied what Josh stated ...
It's because you're hotter than me...

You attract attention, while I go under the radar.

:lol:

As a graphic designer I support fellow artists, such as photographers, by paying them for their work.

new007.jpg

This would be great but I don't have a signed model release. :er::x

...used for stock photography on personal & commercial projects. Anything you post will be considered free to use.
:lmao::lol::lmao::lol::lmao::lol:

Oh... wait...

You were serious? :confused:

:lmao::lol::lmao::lol::lmao::lol::lmao::lol::lmao::lol::lmao::lol:

Funny, my face looked exactly like your smiles when I looked at your website.

As far as anyone posting here, and shunning the idea, why waste your time and even post anything.

If you don't want to contribute then don't.

Give space for people who want to contribute, no matter how small it may be.

Funny, my face looked exactly like your smiles when I looked at your website.

As far as anyone posting here, and shunning the idea, why waste your time and even post anything.

Congrats! You just got promoted!

[Funny, my face looked exactly like your smiles when I looked at your website.
Since a good photograph is one which invokes emotion in the viewer and I've obviously done that, I will take that as the compliment that I'm sure it was intended to be.

Let's take a step back and try and be objective for a moment. You are suggesting that photographers give their work away so that someone else can make money off of it. How do you see this as reasonable? Let's assume that I am a person who does home renovations and you build kitchen cabinets. Would you give me free cabinets so that I could install them in a client's kitchen and be paid for them?

If a photograph has commercial value why should you (or someone other than the photographer) receive revenue from that image and the photographer not? Remember that this is a community of photographers; if we want a picture of something we can generally get/make/take it, so what would I (or anyone) get out of giving away photos?

Donating ones work to a charitable cause is one thing - were you to say "I am a designer putting together a project for Flood Victims in Farawayistan" you would probably get lots of positive response. The barter system also works well. "You give me ten photographs, I'll build your website/design your brochure, etc". But, let's face it, asking for something for nothing?

I like the idea of this one im not at a computer with access to my work at the minute but I am postiong not to keep track of it when I get home. After all noone really gets paid from doing stock work so why not toss some up for free!!
Wes

"You give me ten photographs, I'll build your website/design your brochure, etc". But, let's face it, asking for something for nothing?

I missed the part where it said he was a web designer.

NOW this all makes sense... :er:

I missed that part too - and yeah this does make a lot of sense now - I also wonder how many other forums have been hit with a similar inquiry recently as well

Most reactions

Back