Stones

carlossilvapb

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello,

last weekend, I visited a place called Lajedo do Pai Mateus, in Paraíba, Brazil. There are many sedimentary formations, the result of millions of years and erosion caused by winds and rains. Critiques and comments are very welcome.

$DSC_0171_1_zps28e1361a.jpg

$DSC_0127_1_zps880174aa.jpg

$DSC_0145_1_zpsae1cb6f1.jpg

Nice place, full of good angles. Scene is interesting, I don't think you used this potential to the fullest. maybe you can still play with the contrast to make the stones to stand out a bit better. Maybe next time you are there will be good to have some ultra wide lens to come close and fill up the frame more with the stones.
I like most #2, this far field looks like giants playing boules.

Timor's right. I played around with one of these shots and there's is a lot missing simply in processing. #2 for me also.
Though the sky is very dynamic in the other two, there's not much to the scene it's self.

I'm sure there were other great photos to take at that location with different equipment, etc. and other great images to be made out of these files, but these three seem wonderful to me. I think both Timor and Rick make reasonable points reflecting their vision and taste, but it seems odd to treat the photos as attempts to come up with THE correct answer to the question, "What is the ideal photograph to be taken here?"

but it seems odd to treat the photos as attempts to come up with THE correct answer to the question, "What is the ideal photograph to be taken here?"
:D I think this forum is all about that. :D

I'm sure there were other great photos to take at that location with different equipment, etc. and other great images to be made out of these files, but these three seem wonderful to me. I think both Timor and Rick make reasonable points reflecting their vision and taste, but it seems odd to treat the photos as attempts to come up with THE correct answer to the question, "What is the ideal photograph to be taken here?"

How can you ask for C&C and not invite other peoples comments? At the end of the day, it's the OP's photo's and he can pick and choose which comments to use, if any.

Last edited:
Thank you so much. Photographer I'm just over a year ago, and I still have much to learn. I quit my old job and started doing something that really makes me happy. As for treatment of the photos, I'm still learning too.

very few nature shots look better in bw than color. And these aren't them.

very few nature shots look better in bw than color. And these aren't them.

If only Ansel Adams knew he was loading the wrong film all those years he may have become famous :roll:

Well, you got me there.

Any more famous colour pics than Clearing Storm or Moon Over Hernandez ?

My point was, I wish they had color. Or post bw and color. I like the pics, I just looked at them, and it left me wondering how they would look in color. Like they didn't quite feel complete or rather unfinished?

Most reactions

Back