Stop Motion Light Painting Music Video

Wazoltoff

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Below is a stop motion music video I made with my Canon 5D Mark II. It is composed of light paintings with exposures lasting 15 to 30 seconds. An EPIC undertaking! Best to watch in HD

Last edited by a moderator:
THIS WAS AMAZING! I once made a 30 second stop motion and I thought that was hard. Great job and really fun ideas!

This certainly deserves a lot more than 4 remarks. But I found this really interesting, entertaining and quite an accomplishment. Great job.

thank you everyone! it definitely has consumed my weekends over the past couple of months. no matter how much i did there always seemed to be tons more.
here's the video in Vimeo quality if you're interested
Third Nature - Lost for Now on Vimeo

That is absolutely the most intense, amazing compilation I have ever seen. They say Rudolph was an epic. That music video is an epic. Would you mind giving us some more information about what you used? How you made the light streaks around the "guy", that long streak where there were light bands coming up on both sides, etc. This is absolutely fascinating to me. I am just awe-struck.

Congratulations, seriously. This was quite a feat.
Mark

That is absolutely the most intense, amazing compilation I have ever seen. They say Rudolph was an epic. That music video is an epic. Would you mind giving us some more information about what you used? How you made the light streaks around the "guy", that long streak where there were light bands coming up on both sides, etc. This is absolutely fascinating to me. I am just awe-struck.

Congratulations, seriously. This was quite a feat.
Mark

Absolutely. I shot the first half of the music video with my Canon T2i before switching half way into it to my new Canon 5d Mark II. With the Canon 5D I used f2.8L 16-35 mm and f1.4 50 mm lenses. To put it all together I used a combination of Lightroom, Photoshop, After Effects, and Premiere - I LOVE ADOBE.

For the video I used a variety of lights. The actual light man was created by, and very laborously i might add, rubbing down a person in dark clothing with a glow stick from head to toe. It takes about 20 seconds to effectively do this, so when considering scenes lasting hundreds of shots you can imagine how time consuming this gets. The more fine light is generated from an 8 color LED torch. For the intense grid lights, I used a Chauvet ColorStrip (youtube them you'll get the idea ;)). Feel free to ask about any specifics. AND THANK YOU

amazing.. ill post it on my facebook!

SIMPLY AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have you seen the video, "light warfare?" it's the only thing I can think of that comes close to this level of complexity for light painting.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back