STOP THE NIKON CANNON DEBATE

Several thoughts:

Key Lime Pie pwnz all!

Leica for ever!

Canon vs. Nikon questions are important for newbies. They should be allowed, but confined to The Beginners Place.

I'm on many forums. Let me tell you about forums. Every single one has "that question" which everyone wonders about when they join the forum. 95% of people find the answer right away, 5% don't see the answer and ask the question annoying everyone with at least 2 months of experience on the forum.

I'm on many motorcycle forums and the question on them is always "what's a good first bike?" One forum I joined had a page in registration where it went over a few rules and specified a thread to read if you were thinking about that question. It was set up so it was easily glanced over.

It worked well.

BTW, Nikon is better because that's what they used in Jurassic Park ;)

I think jason from friday 13th, would totally kick aliens butt........

I once made a joke to a friend about the Nikon vs. Canon debate when it comes to forums and said that these arguing camps should just leave each other alone and start their own forums. I was surprised when he told me it had already happened.

I think jason from friday 13th, would totally kick aliens butt........

Ah don't say that... someone might read this and decide to make another terrible franchise crossover movie. Jason vs Alien vs Predator vs Freddy Krueger vs Michael Myers vs Hannibal Lecter vs Leatherface vs... er, Critters... directed by some guy who once helped make a music video. How about a new horror villain who eviscerates lazy unimaginative producers and directors... :x ... was that slightly off-topic? :lol:

ericande said:
BTW, Nikon is better because that's what they used in Jurassic Park
Iron Flatline said:
And on all the CSIs, and they're WAAY realistic.

Yep, Nikon is definitely the best choice if you happen to be a fictional cinematic or televisual character! :lol:

hate to break it to you, but csi's lab sets are actually operational, even the firearms.

to topthat it was set up by a woman who used to run a real csi lab, her job is to keep a check on the wacked out fiction and keep it somewhat realistic.

ooo! Start one..... :twisted:

No, wait. I'm supposed to help bust people, not be an instigator. :bigangel:

We already have a "no film vs digital debates" rule here.....should I add one for Canon vs Nikon? Show of hands here! :lol:

So digital is just SO MUCH BETTER than film, you know

:lol:

how about a rule limiting the amount of speech allowed regarding censorship!?

seriously, those rules are s h it if someone wants to talk about film vs digital then let them, its a valid discussion . . . regardless of how many times someone has heard it, and so is any other photo related thread someone put the time into starting. (even though they may be annoying and should have looked it up on their own)

I like key lime pie, too, Iron Flatline. Even pumpkin pie is a favorite of mine, especially with ice cream.

I like key lime pie, too, Iron Flatline. Even pumpkin pie is a favorite of mine, especially with ice cream.
And this from a fellow foodie!

I think fmw and I are in charge of deserts from now on.

I got a Nikon because of Simon & Garfunkel. How could anyone question which is best, after that song?????

Just a thought, we could open a section of the forum, complete with its own threads, for that debate, let the new people coming just to ask that to go, watch, join in and make their decision. That way, the people annoyed by the debate are able to go elsewhere and never have to see it, and the debate can range on in its own place. :lol:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back