sm4him

In memoriam
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
sm4him.500px.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I had an experience yesterday where I got to actually witness someone get their comeupance...and it made me wonder, What are some of your "sweet justice" moments, when you were there to see karma bite someone on the you-know-what?

My story--I was headed to choir practice at church. It was dark, traffic was reasonably light. I was on a four-lane road, and was in the right-most of the two lanes headed my direction. As I approached a red light, the vehicle in front of me moved into the left lane, and I quickly realized why. There was a wreck at the light, in our lane. Must have just happened, as there were no emergency vehicles there. Just a fender bender.
So...I look behind me, using both my rear view and actually turning to look, as I usually do in a situation like that. There was nothing close, so I pulled into the left lane. About that time, the light changed to green, and we went, and I immediately got BACK into the right-hand lane.

Suddenly, this car comes CHARGING up in the left lane, pulls up right alongside me, and the driver gives me a decidedly unfriendly, one-finger greeting. I was, and still am, truly perplexed by what his problem was, or what he seemed to think I'd done. I just looked at him and shrugged and kept driving.
That evidently didn't please him either, because he stayed right with my car, and I could just tell he was glaring at me, just waiting for me to look over again.

But *I* was busy looking at the road ahead of me. Too bad he wasn't. Otherwise, he might have actually SEEN the Truck in front of him in the left-hand lane, that had STOPPED to turn across the oncoming lanes of traffic...
WHAM!!! I think he must have suddenly seen them at the last second and slammed on his brakes, because he didn't hit them nearly as hard as I thought he was going to.

Lest anyone think I'm awful for enjoying the fact that someone had an accident: I am certain that no one was hurt, other than maybe being a little sore the next day. From what I could see, there was VERY little damage to the truck he hit. He was in an older vehicle, looked like a Buick Special or something like that. He definitely had some front-end damage, but nothing real bad. For the first time ever, I did NOT stop to tell the police what I'd seen, because the guy clearly had a good case of road rage already, for all I know he was on something, and I really did NOT want to get assaulted by him.

I think I may call the police department tomorrow and see if they want me to report what I witnessed or not...but in the meantime...I really hope the guy felt as stupid as he looked, trying to explain to the cops WHY he didn't see a big ole pickup truck in the road... :lol:

That is funny...and something that many of us probably wish would happen to those 'road rage' drivers.

I have a similar story, although not at good as yours. I was driving along and coming to a spot where I knew there was a large pot hole. When I got there, it had gotten much larger than the last time I'd seen it and I couldn't change lanes because of the busy traffic. It was a very large hole, 5 feet wide and probably a foot or more deep. My small car would probably have been bottomed out. So I slow down and inch my way around it on the curb side. Well, someone came up behind me and didn't like that I was going so slow...and he started yelling and shaking his fist at me. He was busy doing that as he hit the pot hold full on...I can't be certain, but it looked like he might have hit his head on the roof of his car as it slammed down into the hole.

big mikes made me snicker .... i have one kind of .... I had a buddy who used to drink constantly ... i mean if he want at work he was drinking :D one day he ran out of beer and he saw a beer bottle in the parking lot that was still sealed... it was a twist off :p so he went out and got it and put it in the fridge for and hour then he opened it and took a big old swig and found out what it was :p someone pissed in the bottle and left it next tot here car after they put the top back on :D his face was a remarkable contrast between disappointment and pure disgust

I had an experience yesterday where I got to actually witness someone get their comeupance...and it made me wonder, What are some of your "sweet justice" moments, when you were there to see karma bite someone on the you-know-what?

My story--I was headed to choir practice at church. It was dark, traffic was reasonably light. I was on a four-lane road, and was in the right-most of the two lanes headed my direction. As I approached a red light, the vehicle in front of me moved into the left lane, and I quickly realized why. There was a wreck at the light, in our lane. Must have just happened, as there were no emergency vehicles there. Just a fender bender.
So...I look behind me, using both my rear view and actually turning to look, as I usually do in a situation like that. There was nothing close, so I pulled into the left lane. About that time, the light changed to green, and we went, and I immediately got BACK into the right-hand lane.

Suddenly, this car comes CHARGING up in the left lane, pulls up right alongside me, and the driver gives me a decidedly unfriendly, one-finger greeting. I was, and still am, truly perplexed by what his problem was, or what he seemed to think I'd done. I just looked at him and shrugged and kept driving.
That evidently didn't please him either, because he stayed right with my car, and I could just tell he was glaring at me, just waiting for me to look over again.

But *I* was busy looking at the road ahead of me. Too bad he wasn't. Otherwise, he might have actually SEEN the Truck in front of him in the left-hand lane, that had STOPPED to turn across the oncoming lanes of traffic...
WHAM!!! I think he must have suddenly seen them at the last second and slammed on his brakes, because he didn't hit them nearly as hard as I thought he was going to.

Lest anyone think I'm awful for enjoying the fact that someone had an accident: I am certain that no one was hurt, other than maybe being a little sore the next day. From what I could see, there was VERY little damage to the truck he hit. He was in an older vehicle, looked like a Buick Special or something like that. He definitely had some front-end damage, but nothing real bad. For the first time ever, I did NOT stop to tell the police what I'd seen, because the guy clearly had a good case of road rage already, for all I know he was on something, and I really did NOT want to get assaulted by him.

I think I may call the police department tomorrow and see if they want me to report what I witnessed or not...but in the meantime...I really hope the guy felt as stupid as he looked, trying to explain to the cops WHY he didn't see a big ole pickup truck in the road... :lol:

That was you?!?!

:lol:

Sometimes karma can be fun. I need a moment like that to cheer me up.

big mikes made me snicker .... i have one kind of .... I had a buddy who used to drink constantly ... i mean if he want at work he was drinking :D one day he ran out of beer and he saw a beer bottle in the parking lot that was still sealed... it was a twist off :p so he went out and got it and put it in the fridge for and hour then he opened it and took a big old swig and found out what it was :p someone pissed in the bottle and left it next tot here car after they put the top back on :D his face was a remarkable contrast between disappointment and pure disgust

Okay...THAT is just DISGUSTING! :lmao:
I mean good grief, if you're gonna insist on just drinking beverage items that are just lying around, left behind by strangers...at least DON'T go for the ones that are urine-colored, lol!

That is funny...and something that many of us probably wish would happen to those 'road rage' drivers.

I have a similar story, although not at good as yours. I was driving along and coming to a spot where I knew there was a large pot hole. When I got there, it had gotten much larger than the last time I'd seen it and I couldn't change lanes because of the busy traffic. It was a very large hole, 5 feet wide and probably a foot or more deep. My small car would probably have been bottomed out. So I slow down and inch my way around it on the curb side. Well, someone came up behind me and didn't like that I was going so slow...and he started yelling and shaking his fist at me. He was busy doing that as he hit the pot hold full on...I can't be certain, but it looked like he might have hit his head on the roof of his car as it slammed down into the hole.

HA!! Bet he felt like an idiot.

I worked for a time in an administrative office, where we had to work together on occasion and we all had substantial budgets for our particular areas. One top French administrator never kept his promises or his word, which usually meant that others including me and my staff would lose out in terms of time and or money.

I had been spending my budget but it never got any lower. When I talked to budget control, I discovered that some new person there had been taking my expenses out of the top French administrator's budget instead of out of mine. "The icing on the cake" was when the administrator came into my centre complaining that he could not figure out where his budget had gone. We had a hard time keeping a straight face while comiserating with his problems.

skieur

I live in the Houston area now, have lived and traveled in most of the US and I've been out also. It appears that todays thinking is I have to be in front of all others no matter the color or number of yellow lines and speed signs and at the risk of any and all on the road. Stupid is not a restriction to driving. Please report the idiot.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back