Straight Outta the Camera

Gorgeous I love the Whistler area, i'm from your neck of the woods Brian. I'm in Chilliwack as you can see. These photos are super cool man I really just about love every single one of them. KUDOS!

beautifull area and shots

idk why but to me they look a little hdr-ish o.o
That's a good thing, not the fact they look HDR but the fact the camears capturing the full contrast range of the composition.
A lot of this has to do with good lighting (which is mostly up to nature). And in all these shots the lighting was excellent, with little haze in the environment. But using filters and a little bit of flash to brighten the foreground in an effort to control the exposure is important so there's nothing badly overexposed and underexposed.

It's usually very difficult to shoot under a canopy of trees deep in the forest to expose the tree detail and maintain a blue sky.

Gorgeous I love the Whistler area, i'm from your neck of the woods Brian. I'm in Chilliwack as you can see. These photos are super cool man I really just about love every single one of them. KUDOS!
Glad you like the photos. I've spent a lot of time in the Fraser Valley and Chilliwack area. Have a look at my website (link in signature). I absolutely love Chilliwack Lake!

Those are some awesome shots! You should throw one of them in the DPC Challenge!

What were the setting on your D90 when you took them?

I give you:

awesomeg.jpg

Those are some awesome shots! You should throw one of them in the DPC Challenge!

What were the setting on your D90 when you took them?
The camera setting vary but mostly this:

White Balance: Direct Sunlight A3 to A6 (depending on photo)
Picture Control: Vivid, custom setting sharpness #5
Active D-Lighting: Normal
Noise Reduction: 0 (I rarely do in-camera noise reduction)
Shutter Speed: obviously varies hugely between photos. For example photo #8 is 1.3 seconds.
Aperture: again varies, but photo #8 is F/16
Focal Length: photo #8 is 10mm (Sigma 10-20mm F/4-5.6)

I'd bet the "HDR"ness of it also comes from the enhanced colors thanks to the Polarizing filter. I need to get some of those, as they really do make outdoors shots pop a lot more than usual.

The photos are really nice, and impressive considering they are sooc. Bravo. :thumbsup:

Beautifull places Id never want to leave

I'm bored...LOL!

#1 - The grass on the left is a bit distracting to me.

#2 - Not a fan of man-made things, but in this case, it works well. Wouldn't change a thing.

#3 - Love the reflection. I'd like to see more to the right and less of that tree on the left...if possible.

#4 - One of my favorites. Excellent composition! Wish there was some clouds or maybe closer to sunset, but that's minor.

#5 - Doesn't do anything to me at all.

#6 - Not sure if I'd include the dock, again I generally try to avoid man-made stuff. I love the reflections and love the fog in the background.

#7 to #9 - I like the movement of these.

#10 - I like this too, but the left side is killing the image. I would clone or crop the twigs/leaves.

Hope this helps. :mrgreen:

Hello
friend i read your post. i really enjoy to watch your Good pictures.
they are beautiful. we must say woooooooo.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back