Strange Dilemma - Black Shadows in my Photos. Help

Take lens off, and trip shutter ... look at mirror movement when camera is vertical.
The dark shape on the images are different, so there may be more to this.

Take lens off, and trip shutter ... look at mirror movement when camera is vertical.
The dark shape on the images are different, so there may be more to this.

The mirror looks like it's operating fine. I just put another roll of film in, so we'll see what happens.

If anyone reading this knows how I could fix this myself, I would love to try it.

...............If anyone reading this knows how I could fix this myself, I would love to try it.

Fixing cameras, even old film ones, is typically not a DIY project. You'll need special tools and an intimate knowledge of how to disassemble/reassemble the camera. You could end up with 50 loose parts before you get to the root of the problem.

And this all assumes you know what, exactly, the problem is. Is it just in need of cleaning? Lubrication? Is a part missing or broken? If so, where can you source that part?

Are you sure it was not the strap, take the strap off a shoot a roll

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk
One of the shots shows myself taking the photo in a mirror. The reflection shows no camera strap over the lens, which is how I ruled that out.

Are you sure it was not the strap, take the strap off a shoot a roll.............

Already addressed:

.............. I have ruled out the camera strap, ...................
Still looks like it to me it's not a straight line on negative

Mirror is moving during the exposure.
I thought he had ruled out the mirror

One of the shots shows myself taking the photo in a mirror. The reflection shows no camera strap over the lens, which is how I ruled that out.
I can't see it being anything else, one of the photos shows it across the corner of the photo

I can't see it being anything else, one of the photos shows it across the corner of the photo

There's no law of physics that dictates the mirror must stop moving when the shutter opens. If the mirror is still able to move while the shutter opens, that would cause the mirror to be recorded at an angle.

There's no law of physics that dictates the mirror must stop moving when the shutter opens. If the mirror is still able to move while the shutter opens, that would cause the mirror to be recorded at an angle.
I'm glad my cameras don't have mirrors to go wrong

I'm glad my cameras don't have mirrors to go wrong

I can guarantee you it's chock full o' other parts that can 'go wrong'.

Sent from a Tin Can using Quantum String Theory

Most reactions

New Topics

Back