Strange Pattern 2

jjdrm

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi all,

This is a picture I took with a Nikon Coolpix 4200 camera. Notice the vertical pattern along the picture, I wanted to know whether this is "normal" or not. Has anyone ever experienced this? I´m quite newbie in digital photography, so I would thank you guys if you could explain to me what could be causing this and how I can fix it.
The settings for this picture are:
Resolution: 4M / Fine quality
ISO: 200
Exp. time: 1/161 sec.

Thanks!

DSCN0028.JPG

Is this the image as it came out of the camera? or have you scanned a print of the picture?

It looks to me a bit like the pattern you sometimes get when scanning certain types of paper - but then, if it came from the camera like this, I'm at a loss! :?

Yes, this is the image just as it came out of the camera. Maybe the camera is not working properly, I just bought it some days ago. What do you think? Could this have something to do with the settings for this picture, or should I begin asking for a replacement from Nikon? :?

Maybe it was to dark?

I doubt it, I had a Nikon coolpix 3100 and there was nothing like this, Id take it back and ask the people you bought it off.

like artemis said you should defintiely take it back to where you bought it to have it checked, do you have any other hsots that show this? preferably outdoor bright light ones?

First of all, thanks for your answers! As lazarus219 requested, here is another picture with daylight. The patterns become much less noticeable, but you will find them again if you look closely at the banners in the back, or the t-shirt just in front of the camera. Looks like dark colors or indoor scenes are causing this.

DSCN0019.JPG

Most reactions

Back