Strange Pop????

Discussion in 'Lighting and Hardware' started by smoke665, Sep 22, 2019.

1. JBPhotog

JBPhotog No longer a newbie, moving up!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Have you tested each head for full functionality? I would set up a stand to mount the head, place another stand at a fixed distance to read your flash meter and run through the output settings full to minimum power. Until you test them all under the same setup it may be hard to know if one or more capacitors are still working. Many strobes will still work even though a capacitor has popped but of course the full range may be compromised.

• Like Like x 2
  2. smoke665

smoke665 TPF Supporters Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Hardly ever get to 75% of power, but I'll run them through the paces next time I set up.

• Like Like x 2
  3. mrca

mrca No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I have always turn off the lights themselves using the cybercommander. Just select all and turn them all off. I also disconnect the power strips from the wall. If you have the lights off but plugged in they get warm, just doesn't seem a good idea to me although I have spoken with Buff and they say it is ok. Sometimes my lights are off for several days so I just pull power strips cords
    from the wall outlet. I have been using AB's for over 10 years with out a single failure.

• Like Like x 1
  4. smoke665

smoke665 TPF Supporters Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit

@mrca correct me if I'm wrong but I always assumed that if you turn of the lights using the Cybercommander that some portion of the light circuit remained on (sleep mode). So other then turning them on or off during setup, when I'm done for day, I turn them off via the power switch on the light, then turn the power switch off.