What's new

Straps to hold tripod onto bag? Which do you use?

Geaux

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Feb 21, 2010
Messages
2,522
Reaction score
464
Location
New Orleans, LA
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I just recently purchased the AmazonBasics DSLR bag, which was supposed to come with straps on the side to hold a tripod onto it. Well, it didn't come with the straps, but has the space to put them into. I contacted Amazon about the missing straps and I chose to get a refund of 10 bucks to get my own instead of dealing with the shipping back of the old bag and waiting to get a new one. I've seen some Tamrac Cinch Straps ( Error ) Anyone have any experiences with these or have any other recommendations?

I need them for a trip to Europe, so I can attach the tripod and carry on my bag all together instead of carrying it separately or packing it into my checked suitcase.
 
If you're only after straps - go to a camping supply place (could be a Walmart or sporting goods store as well) and pick up regular straps that hold a sleeping bag to a backpack. Some manufactures such as Lowepro and Kata sell specific holders for tripods as well.
 
I just use a separate padded tripod bag.

For air travel, I would really suggest that you try to pack it into your checked baggage. Besides having to carry it around (if you don't check it), I would also think that it could be a sticky point with security personnel.
 
Hmmmm, good point on security. I still need the straps if I'm going out at night to shoot though and want both hands, so it's not a bad purchase for 4 bucks haha.

I'd hate to pack it and it get busted up though, my suitcase (on our trip back from Cancun last year) got busted up REALLY badly.
 
Pack it with some padding if you can. (or get a better tripod ;) ). I'm sure that my suitcase would be destroyed long before my tripod inside it.
 
Plus, another issue with sticking it in my bag is the space. We'll be in Europe for 2 weeks on ONE suitcase lol, I need all the space I can get
 
I'm having the same issue and debating if i should bring the tripod or not. Going to Europe for a month in June and will be visiting 5 countries. We have family in Russia/Romania, so a ton of presents will have to be packed in the three suitcases, but I think somehow I will have to make it work and stick the tripod somewhere in one of the suitcases.

I am currently looking for a decent but inexpensive mono-pod as it might be more beneficial and it will come in handy specially when I know there will be quite a bit of walking/hiking.
 
Bringing the tripod is not a question for me, I love night photography and I have to get Europe at night, it's a definite. I guess the only good thing that could come out of this is if it breaks during travels, I can finally upgrade to a Manfrotto over my cheap best buy one lol.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom