streaking

jocose

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.musingsofjocose.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Here's my first attempts (well, the first I'll share anyway) at light streaks.

Please let me know what you think, and thanks for stopping by.

20051201222921_img_3939.jpg

20051201223602_img_3941.jpg

20051201224044_img_3944.jpg

i love two and three. One is good, and i LOVE the streaks, but i do not like how you can see the car at the top. Keep it up, great photos

I really like number 2 b/c of the dips in the road being shown by the lights (uless that's really weird camera shake)

CooL!

I’m a little disappointed, was hoping for some 70-style streaking.:lmao: Like #1 the most but I would crop out the on coming cars on the left[font=&quot].[/font]

Sweet pics, I've been meaning to try this for a while. The only thing I would suggest though would be to find a spot with less backround lighting, they distract me from the cars' lighting. Other than that, good job!

clemeys said:
I really like number 2 b/c of the dips in the road being shown by the lights (uless that's really weird camera shake)

CooL!

the road swerves a little and dips...I had the camera sitting on something, so no shake on my end :)

Jeff Canes said:
I’m a little disappointed, was hoping for some 70-style streaking.:lmao: Like #1 the most but I would crop out the on coming cars on the left[font=&quot].[/font]

Yea, I'm pretty punny that way.

Believe me, you wouldn't want to see ME streaking...just ask C.A.G.E. I'm sure he'd be more than happy to agree :lol:

very nice pics! i have been wanting to try that effect too, but i need an attachment for the Pentax i have before i can try it, and the 2 digitals i have (Fuji E510 and Kodak DX7630) i dont think are capable of producing a good enough shot. the Fuji can only be set to a shutter speed of 2 seconds, and so far i havent liked too many of the pics i have gotten from the Kodak. i got the Kodak because it was a good deal, and it had some features i wanted that the Fuji didnt, but i like the pics i get with the Fuji better.

anyways, back to the topic. i do like these pics and there is a sopt near where i live i want to try it at, but i have to get the shutter release attachment for the Pentax first before i can try it. thanks for sharing your photos! very good work. IMNO (In My Newbie Opinion) :lmao:

Well, contrary to most but agreeing with Jeff Canes, I like the first best of all, precisely BECAUSE you can see the crossing and the lights and the cars all clearly in the background, and then the light trails in the front. Very neat effect, I think (personally). Since I all agree with Jeff on this one, also I would suggest you crop off the lights of the oncoming cars on the very left, though.

John, if you can set your cameras to self-timer, and if there is a way to set it to 2 seconds, you can release, get your hands off your camera and let it take the photos all by itself without any shaking. I can't attach a remote shutter release to my little compact digital camera and I still manage to get some light streaks. 2 seconds is a bit short, indeed, unless you go out at dusk.

And something that I have learned only here on TPF (thanks, TPF!!!! Thanks, members!!!) is: you need to use a very small aperture. The smallest I can set is f8 and I use that! Doesn't yet give me as starry lights as I would like to have, but I can see that I am on my way :D.

Jocose, sorry to be highjacking your thread for this...... Again: my favourite of these three is the first! :D

Most reactions

Back