streaking

John_05 said:
IMNO (In My Newbie Opinion) :lmao:

John, anytime you compliment me, then it's the RIGHT opionion :lmao:

I don't remember exactly how long I set it for, but the canon S2 can go down to about 15" I believe. I think I had it set for 4 or 8 secs. My very first attempt was the road near my house; i set the camera on my trunk and did my best...they turned out awful. The canon isn't very good at focusing at night, so everything was blurry. Then I went to another side of town (just south of Cleveland Park and north of the Zoo -- for the DC folks out there), and set the camera on a railing that is about shin high. It was too light there, so again, the pics weren't what I wanted. I finally found this spot, and while there is still a lot of ambient light around, it seemed to work best.

If you look in the DC meetup pics, there are some shots that JonMikal--I mean C.A.G.E.--ClarinetJWD, and I took in the middle of the street with the Capitol as the background. I want to go back there at the height of traffic and try to get some good streaks...we'll see.

When you get your part, definitely post your pics!

LaFoto said:
Jocose, sorry to be highjacking your thread for this...... Again: my favourite of these three is the first! :D

nonsense!

That's why I post....I learn things too! I can't remember what f-stop I used. I think I did f-8 cuz that's the highest I can get, but I'm not sure. Will have to make sure about that next time.

Highjack away, you Forum terrorist!

jocose said:
... you Forum terrorist!

:gun: Yeah!

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:​

Thanks, Joe.

This is in Dupont Circle. Next time we go out in DC, we'll definitely have to head over there.

But you know, I'm not opposed to meeting up in Balmer next time if you want. There's tons of stuff to shoot downtown (up where you live) and around the harbor and Fells Point.

Most reactions

Back