Street bride - thoughts?

srt86hil

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hey guys, was just walking along a bridge when I saw a wedding shoot going on by the river below, and thought I might be able to get a good image by stealing the photographers shots... What do you think, are any of these worth their salt? I was going for 'bride lost in the city'...:D

-1-
IMG_1585.jpg

-2-
IMG_1586.jpg

-3-
IMG_1589.jpg

kinda neat... for some reason they scream crazy street lady to me... i dont know why... i just see a crazy street lady who is waiting for her groom to some day find her

I really like the first one... the others have a bit too much going on in them.

for some reason they scream crazy street lady to me... i dont know why...

dude, you hit it right on the mark, but I think they scream crazy lady because of her posture and the fact that strangers are walking by and looking at her like she's crazy in the 3rd picture... In the 3rd one, she kinda looks like a crackhead, which of course, would make the title Street Bride even more hilarious...

I like the first one because the bride looks happy, she looks sad, alone, and crazy in the other two... The first one has a very natural feel to it. That's my vote

I love the first one!!

That's just wrong stealing another photographers shot....lol...jk....but yeah #1 looks good...I'd have to agree w/realitycheck...it does look some what like runaway bride or the groom is late. If I would change anything I would try to crop in more on #1, but there might be a lot of noise or out of focus because of the distance you shot it at...good work though.

I like the idea of stalking wedding photographers.

oh, wait... :lol:

First pic is great.

is it just me? Or does she look itty bitty compared to the other people??

That's just wrong stealing another photographers shot....lol...jk....but yeah #1 looks good...I'd have to agree w/realitycheck...it does look some what like runaway bride or the groom is late. If I would change anything I would try to crop in more on #1, but there might be a lot of noise or out of focus because of the distance you shot it at...good work though.

Haha it's all about stealing other people's creativity!

What do people make of this one, it's got pigeons in it, so I thought maybe it's closer to being 'street bride' whilst still being a nice picture...

IMG_1581c.jpg

It's good, but her emotion in the other is better.

BTW, that vignetting is really distracting, IMO. (I dislike vignetting... I think it's cheesy)

BTW, that vignetting is really distracting, IMO. (I dislike vignetting... I think it's cheesy)

Hmm I'm undecided, I don't normally like vignetting that much and I know it's overused, but I think it can work on B+Ws sometimes. Also, my screen's not calibrated, so the vignette may not be as subtle as I'd thought...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back