What's new

Street - Ghosts

RobN185

TPF Noob!
Joined
Mar 12, 2011
Messages
617
Reaction score
293
Location
France
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
The Ghosts of La Chatre.
Multi-exposure over a 30 minutes of a typical shopping day.

6192799503_56efc8e450_b.jpg
 
Wow, very good. My only suggestion is to add the main woman's feet.
 
Wow! That's great!
 
That's one of the cooler shots to be posted here in a long time; nice work!
 
Slightly gimmicky, but wonderfully effective. You've placed the ghosts in the frame masterfully (how many shots did you throw away?).

You're showing some really excellent work here.
 
Awesome idea and execution! The only nit is: why did you leave the woman in the front intact? Perhaps you wanted to show ghosts only in the background? But making her ghost-like too in some way would increase the impact IMO.
 
I like it a lot. Other than adding toes back in on main lady, well done. I don't see gimmicky at all, I like the leaving the main subject person full while the others are ghosts. I really like the guy behind her bag, sort of a hidden one that pops out later.
 
I don't necessarily mean gimmicky as a perjorative. I've done this sort of thing myself, and I like the results. It's an interesting technique, but one in which technique is almost certain to overwhelm the image itself. I think the OP's image does a nice job of not being overwhelmed by the technique.


$P52-42 Small.webp
 
O, i hear "Thriller"..... Excellent
Did you mean 30 minutes?
:D

Yes about 30 minutes on a Saturday afternoon, I must have taken about 30+ shots and selected the best (IMO) for this.

The reason there are so many people in the same area - it's a road crossing.

Does it work better in colour?

6177354673_70a3cf8630_b.jpg
 
In color, it's more cryptic to me, which is an awesome thing. So basically this is a few images stacked? I'm confused.
 
He's fixed ihis camera in place, and made a bunch of exposures. Then he's laid I estimate between 4 and 10 images on top of one another, most of them with a fair bit of translucency. The one image with the lady in the foreground looking at the camera is at 100% opacity, I think, and at the bottom of the stack.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom