What's new

Street Painter

echoyjeff222

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Jun 27, 2010
Messages
645
Reaction score
140
Location
WA
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This painter's fabulous colors caught my eye as I was walking down a putong section of Beijing -- the experience itself was far from what I expected. I was expecting people going about their daily lives, but what I got was a tourist packed section of Beijing. The few people who still lived in this area closed their doors to the public .... I ended up just taking pictures of this painter, who was painting the street that we were walking through.

1. Which one of these compositions do you like for the paint? I tried a few different angles.


Paint1 by echoyjeff222, on Flickr


Paint2 by echoyjeff222, on Flickr


Paint3 by echoyjeff222, on Flickr




2. How can I improve on street shots in general? The only shot I liked was getting the painter, his painting, and the street in one shot. C&C?


painter by echoyjeff222, on Flickr
 
Good and colourful shots; I think the bottom one could have been made a lot stronger if you'd stoo more directly behind the painter to include his head, upper-body and brush-arm in soft focus with the painting itself sharply focused and less of the street scene around him.
 
I like the first one of the set, and I agree with what tirediron said
 
I like the second photo of the paint series – I think it would sell very well as a stock image. The angle in the first version is a tad too wild for me, but I can understand why others might like it. The third version is just a lesser-quality version of version 2, with some distractive elements that you don't really need in the frame.

I agree with tirediron's comments on the photo of the painter.
 
Interesting, thanks for all the thoughts! I'll go and check if I have one like that, tirediron.

I was trying to decide between 2 and 3 as well. The reason why I had 3 was because I included the paintbrush for context, and I also noticed the smaller shapes created by the gaps between the boards. Are they distracting or interesting?
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom