What's new

street shots

photocist

TPF Noob!
Joined
Oct 21, 2010
Messages
605
Reaction score
57
Location
Oakland, CA
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I took some photos during my lunch today at break. I am actually very pleased with what I got. Now I am curious to see what other people think :thumbup:




old man by photocist, on Flickr


building by photocist, on Flickr

Thanks!
 
Some comments -

1. Interesting composition - I like the tight crop on the guy and the car and the way he is almost out of the frame. The car's tone and textures are repeated in the windows. Something about this makes me keep looking at it. What would your title be?

2. Light is too harsh for me - it's all shadows and it doesn't really frame or set off the old man. In more even light this composition may have shown him as being very small in his surroundings.

3. A depressing-looking building with some character, but I think the lean detracts from it. Try straightening it with perspective correction or skew or one of the other controls in PS. If you can go back, a horizontal might be more effective, assuming the building continues like this to the left and right.
 
Thanks for the comments. My title for the first photo is "folly." Do you figure cropping the second photo would make it more interesting? I do wish I could have gotten him more centered, but I didnt want to freak him out lol...

Ill see if I can straighten out that third shot. I didnt even notice it lol.
 
I like the second one the best, it really has some great lines and that guy writing on his bag gives some context to the photograph.

Nice work all around! You have a great sense of clean edges and form.
 
Thanks for the comments. My title for the first photo is "folly." Do you figure cropping the second photo would make it more interesting? I do wish I could have gotten him more centered, but I didnt want to freak him out lol...

Ill see if I can straighten out that third shot. I didnt even notice it lol.

The light is the problem in the second, not the composition. Anyhow, centering the subject often makes things worse compositionally. Yeah, "folly" is a good title for it, so people can try to make up a story line that works for it.
 
Thanks for the comments everyone.

I think I might see about cropping the old man one a bit more. maybe taking off that left edge, where the building is quite bright would reduce the off-lighting.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom