Strobe lighting techniques

zapman29

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
ok I did my first photo shoot for about 50 people .. It was very simple i just had a basic setup... back drop with two softboxes.. now i know this may be silly question but when practicing at home. I had one wirless/wired sync cord attached to one of my my lights, when i shot it went off along with my other softbox on the other side. so i have always practiced takeing photos with both flashes going off and only one sync cord. when i got to the place i was shooting it would not sync dont know why only one would flash.

Luckily i was able to use the one flash and the other at just a continous light and the photos came out ok... This was not a paying gig just volunteer for some hands on practice for when its a paying gig.

So how is this suppose to work... i am sorry but I am truly a novice to this.. thanks for you help

Jake

What sort of room were you shooting in? An optical slave has to get a clear pulse of flash light in order for it to go off, and if the room you're in is to big (or if you are outside) it's going to far more of an issue to get the optical slave to trip.

What sort of room were you shooting in? An optical slave has to get a clear pulse of flash light in order for it to go off, and if the room you're in is to big (or if you are outside) it's going to far more of an issue to get the optical slave to trip.

it was a large banquet room i was in the corner and the flash were somtimes going off too.. that might be it... i practice in my basement with no problems.... thanks for the input

Most reactions

New Topics

Back