MrcinaGTI
TPF Noob!
- Joined
- Apr 30, 2010
- Messages
- 1
- Reaction score
- 0
- Location
- Atlanta
- Can others edit my Photos
- Photos OK to edit
Hello everyone.
I'm new here and have a question.
I'm going to Costa Rica with my gf in few weeks and I want to pick up a new lens for my sony A200. I don't need anything too extreme or fancy. I'm trying to not go over $250. I've narrowed my choices down to:
Sigma 18-50mm f/2.8-4.5 DC OS HSM Zoom For Sony A200 ($200)
- or -
Tamron 18-200mm f/3.5-6.3 XR Di-II LD Aspherical (IF) Sony A200 ($230)
I like Sigma bc it has a lower f-stops but it only goes up to 50mm... and I would like to have all in one lens, like this Tamron that goes up to 200mm. Now, most of the pics i shoot are outside. I use it most for portraits, landscape, cars etc. I also have 50mm f/1.7 that I use indoor with low light, but would love to have a fish eye sometimes soon. Also have stock lens 18-70 sony lens, but its getting very boring.
Tell me what would you rather have and why.. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Sigma
Tamron
I'm new here and have a question.I'm going to Costa Rica with my gf in few weeks and I want to pick up a new lens for my sony A200. I don't need anything too extreme or fancy. I'm trying to not go over $250. I've narrowed my choices down to:
Sigma 18-50mm f/2.8-4.5 DC OS HSM Zoom For Sony A200 ($200)
- or -
Tamron 18-200mm f/3.5-6.3 XR Di-II LD Aspherical (IF) Sony A200 ($230)
I like Sigma bc it has a lower f-stops but it only goes up to 50mm... and I would like to have all in one lens, like this Tamron that goes up to 200mm. Now, most of the pics i shoot are outside. I use it most for portraits, landscape, cars etc. I also have 50mm f/1.7 that I use indoor with low light, but would love to have a fish eye sometimes soon. Also have stock lens 18-70 sony lens, but its getting very boring.
Tell me what would you rather have and why.. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Sigma