What's new

Stuck lens cover on my Panasonic DMC-ZS3 ...

alois

TPF Noob!
Joined
Oct 29, 2011
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Location
USA
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I got the DMC-ZS3 lass than a year ago. I have been pretty happy with it so far ... then, a couple of day ago, when I turned the camera on the lens cover did not fully open. I am not sure if I use the right terminology, but I am talking about the litle plastic "shield" that closes over the lens when I turn the camera off. I can gently open the lens cover all the way, and the camera seems to work fine when I pull the cover open (manually), but it does not stay open. Instead, it slowly slides back into the closed (or almost closed) position. I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this and, if there is a "simple" (ie, do it yourself) fix. I spent quite a bit of money on this otherwise nice point and shoot camera, and I am a bit frustrated to have a silly problem like this after less than a year. And for no apparent reason either, I don't think that the camera was dropped or otherwise abused.

Thanks for any info in advance.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom