Studio lighting retail

wgp1987

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello everyone,

I'm interested in purchasing some continuos lights. I'm trying to find the best deal for the $$ and I really wish I knew I was getting the best deal. I have been looking at BH, Adorama, stevekaeser.com, cowboylighting.com and a few google searches lead me to dinky sites.

I'm interested in a fluorescent kit with at least 2 lights. Ideally I would like 3 lights and a backdrop, but that may not be in the budget. I'm trying to stay under $300.

So do you know a good lighting website?

Btw Would you say having more "less powerful" lights is better then fewer "more powerful" lights?

Thanks in advance for any help.

What is your intended purpose? Continuous lighting is generally unsuitable for quality portrait work.

YES, having more, but less-powerful lights is a better situation than having fewer, more-powerful lights--for most circumstances.

Until you have worked with continuous light, I'm not sure you can fully appreciate what a PITA it is compared to electronic flash lighting.

Hello everyone,

I'm interested in purchasing some continuos lights. I'm trying to find the best deal for the $$ and I really wish I knew I was getting the best deal. I have been looking at BH, Adorama, stevekaeser.com, cowboylighting.com and a few google searches lead me to dinky sites.

I'm interested in a fluorescent kit with at least 2 lights. Ideally I would like 3 lights and a backdrop, but that may not be in the budget. I'm trying to stay under $300.

So do you know a good lighting website?

Btw Would you say having more "less powerful" lights is better then fewer "more powerful" lights?

Thanks in advance for any help.

For $300 you can most likely get a 2 light monolight kit from Adorama, Calumet, or B&H. The monolights have modeling lights, so you can see where the light falls if you're worried about that issue.

Most reactions

Back