Studio Lighting....

chmille

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So, I was wondering where did you start to figure out what you wanted for studio lighting. I've used hot lights and strobes, and everything we had in school we had the power pack that wasn't on the lights(slaves?). And everything was cords and more cords. That lighting set was over 3,000. But yea anyways, where do you start?

I guess there is what you want and what you need. I learned by using Speedlights on optical slaves in '91. I kept adding flashes and pretty much used that setup in my first photography business for a couple of years. I did families, seniors, pets and pretty much everything else in my basement studio. Once I rented studio space - and I was able to leave things set up - I tracked down used monolights.

So many more options exist these days. The Paul Buff products (namely the Alien Bees) are a terrific product for the price. Maybe start with two 160 w/s units and add from there as necessary - while incorporating into the setup any flash equipment you already own.

Studio on a budget... I have some stuff already but looking to set up a 2 small shooting areas for head and shoulders, and a little bit of commercial product pictures. I am very curious about what people might list?

Studio on a budget... I have some stuff already but looking to set up a 2 small shooting areas for head and shoulders, and a little bit of commercial product pictures. I am very curious about what people might list?

2 Profoto D4 packs and 8 Acute heads.

Sorry, I haven't been on in a while. Anyways, yea studio on a budget, what am I going to get for say $500-$1000. I know that's a pretty big gab but still.

Most reactions

Back