Studio Share Sponsors

LarissaPhotography

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.larissaphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
My wife and I are opening up a new Studio Share in our area (www.studiosharem.com). We're planning on hosting regular workshops, and we'll be seeing a lot of photographers all the time. I've contacted a few different places about sponsorship, and they've indicated they're interested, which is awesome! Now the hard part is how to set up the sponsorships. Do you guys have any experience with this kind of thing? How much are sponsorships usually set up for? Suggestions on whether the sponsorship should be per workshop or just a flat rate per month, or maybe neither one of those options?

Setting up a sponsorship agreement is just like working out a shoot contract. Every detail needs to be spelled out and the amount will depend on the end product.

I've set up sponsorship agreements from $500 to $50,000 and more. I once worked with an adventurers' group helping find sponsors for people: $500 would have been for someone going across N. Africa on a moped and over $50,000 for a crew going to break a cave diving record on the other side of the earth with a film crew and a photo crew... I also found sponsors for the group's annual show. Money was needed to print the advert posters, rent the hall, insurance, and movie awards.

All of this is what I call event sponsorship. Money for a specific event.

The second type would be like when an athlete signs up with an apparel brand and wears their stuff all the time.

You could do either or both.

How much really depends on too many variables to pin down. It is kinda like asking how much to charge for a shoot... What does the sponsor get? Who are you to attract customers to your studio or your workshops? Or do you have a well known photog coming to the workshop? Etc, etc, etc. Every detail can change the amount.

The contract is as important here as it is in photgraphy. Make sure it has been seen by a lawyer who understands sponsorship before you use it. Good luck.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back