Studio shots

JenR

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Now that the dark winter is coming around again, I've started to play with off-camera flash. Would love some CC.

111908_5.jpg

111908_7.jpg

111908.jpg

111908_3.jpg

light.jpg

Thanks for looking!

These are very good, especially the captures and the lighting. In 3 and 5 I would have included more of their heads, but that's me.

PS The old Kodak professional films would have done wonders for the skin tones.:D

I like the second photo and the expression of the last one is great.

Adorable kids! I like photos 3 and 5.

Nice shots, but, here's some critique. I definitely think 5 is the winner here.

1. I think this was softened a bit much, and then his left hand looks a bit odd just being there.

2. I think this shot was wayy over sharpened. You can see it in his eyes, his chin, and his hair. Especially when seen with the other shots around it I would back off on the sharpening here (and maybe have fixed the hair a tad :)) Cute expression, although his foot at the end looks funny being half cropped off.

3. cute expression, maybe a few areas are blown out, but I do like this photos. As others have said a bit more face or a bit less face would have been nice. I am not a huge fan of just the very top of the head getting chopped off. My personal preference is chopping at the foreheadish or having the whole head.

4. very cure shot. Again, it would be nice to have all the hair, or less of it. also, the foot in the background is very distracting. I Love the expression though.

5. great capture, this is more of where I meant was the other good place to crop heads. I like the sharpness of the eyes. a crit is probably the blown spots on her cheek. Also, her hair is distracting over her right eye.

One other comment is that the whitebalance seems to change with the different shots here. Some are more red and some are more yellow (at least that's what it looks like to me).

Agreed, there is far too much sharpening going on here. I can however see the photos "underneath" the Sharpening and they are darling, especially the last one, but I'd say ease up on the sharpening being done. The first ones post looks fine and then it goes into overdrive.

As for color casts, I'm not seeing it on the monitor I'm on. Looks pretty consistent from shot to shot for me.

The last one is awesome. Do you mind sharing how you set up the lights?

Thank you all for the comments. Hmm, some are looking a little crispy here. Web sharpening seems to be something I struggle with-- I either get comments that things are too soft if I don't sharpen for web or that they are oversharpened if I do. I guess I'll have to look for a happy medium.

For my lighting, I used an SB-600 flash in a Photek Softliter at 4:00 or so and a large reflector about 7:00.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back