What's new

stuff seen around town

KenC

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Jan 18, 2010
Messages
5,699
Reaction score
1,472
Location
Philadelphia
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Here are samples of a couple of my obsessions: shadows and signs

sign112909-2pb.jpg

shadow100910pb.jpg

abs061210-3pb.jpg
 
So... what exactly am I supposed to be looking at?

I get that reaction sometimes - either they work for someone or they don't. I don't try to explain them.
 
I dig #2 'cept for the thing in the lower middle. It annoys me.

Love #3 too. Personally, I'd like to see the black border balanced out a little more. It's to thick or thin here and there.

Oh, wait. The images aren't numbered...I'm sure you'll figure it out :p

Another suggestion would be to space the images, space acts like a pallate cleanser. :)
 
Second one is pretty good. Noisy though.
 
Thanks, Bitter. This was my first multiple-image post, so I didn't realize there wouldn't be spaces. The object in the lower middle of the second image bugs me, too, and I almost removed it, but couldn't get myself to do it. Somehow, at least for now, it seems to be part of the image for me. I'll have to see how it ages. The third is tightly cropped because the sign had been pasted on a narrow column and there was extraneous stuff on both sides. I could increase the canvas size and give it more room - I'll see how that idea ages as well.

White - the second one does have some noise, and also some of what you're seeing is just dirt on the window I shot through. Having worked with bw film back when it was really grainy, this sort of thing doesn't bother me.
 
The third is tightly cropped because the sign had been pasted on a narrow column and there was extraneous stuff on both sides.

Ah, well, you know, monday morning quarterbacking...
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom