Stuffed Animals

Well - here are my friends...

Some are old (although, not as old as those of LaFoto's).. Some are from when my brother was a baby - and some from when I was... so 17 - 20 years. Then there are also those that are a year old.. (Yes - i still love teddies) and I have to admit, LaFoto's story about Nick almost bought me to tears... I still can't move away from how they have eyes... I can't hurt anything with eyes... Especially novelty chocolates - I have to turn them away from me... Sometimes I can't eat them - or someone else eats them while i worry about their eyes...

Oh - I forgot to rotate these - sorry - but I am tired...

One of the youngest. I can't remember if it was Xmas 03 or 02. One of those anyway.

DANG: Link broken :(

A group shot

Kato and Pooh Bear. (Kato is from Dreamworld on the gold coast - named after the tiger kato... I wish I had of gotten his sister Kaasha too - as she died from asthma in 2002).

One that I made myself - his bottom has fallen to pieces and his insides are falling out.

My two porcelain dolls... They don't usually share a shelf in my cupboard, but I got a new desk and didn't want them to get broken, and just haven't gotten around to putting them back.

A smaller group.

Another small group.

My beloved ladybug. I've had this one since I was just little.

Halloween Pooh Bear. (He's dressed as a Bear!) I got this when the Disney Store closed down over here... I do miss the disney store!

And last of all - my elephant...

These aren't all (a lot of them in the group photo are being sat on...)

Enjoy!

- Alecia

Phew, those are as many as inhabitate our place here, and I feel sooo relieved that I'm not the only one who still likes the stuffed animals (and I am 44!!!). I like them in my own children's interests as well as - only so, maybe because they have eyes.
I'm glad you like the "Nick-story"... well, I just could not let him ly there next to the bottle bank! ;)

Here's my poodle and my sister's old teddy bear yet again, both from when we were little:

And this is my son's moose. He just HAD TO get this one when we spent our summer holidays in Sweden, it's from a Swedish comic strip and this moose (or actually an elk) is called Hälge. One day, Hälge decided to take a bath in our inflatable paddling pool (my children are way too old for this, but their stuffed animals apparently aren't ;)):

So, of course, later this silly Hälge (it was only MARCH!) had to dry on the clothes-line. He wasn't overly happy.... ;)

Would "bedraggled" be an adjective to use in this context?

Good one goofup, i was waiting for someone to post a real stuffed animal! ;)

Though this could never rival Klaus for spookiness, but I like kinda like this one for its wierdness :)
004.jpg

It is about time show "the world" that Klaus is neither creepy nor spooky (well, not to me!):

DANG: Links broken :(

Of course Klaus isn't scary--he's very cute! :D

As you can see, the animals at my house are usually having tea.

The animals in the last picture belong to my son and he made me take capture that moment for him (that was not my idea--honest).

boys1.jpg

girls.jpg

alien.jpg

:LOL: I love that last one Danicat!

Your son has a great imagination!

Oh, Danicat, these are sooo nice! :)
They remind me of the Teddy Bear postcards that you can buy and which I have always liked a great deal!

Thank you LaFoto!! (I am soooo glad you are on this forum!) :D

Actually I have tons of teddy bears photos like these because my teddy bears are always begging me to take their picture.

I collect teddy bears and I’ve also written stories about them so they all assume one day my stories will get published and they’ll all become famous. They want to be in front of the camera as much as possible ahead of time so they’ll be ready for paparazzi.

It’s really hard to argue with a teddy bear . . .

Has he got a name? ALL our stuffed animals, those from years ago, and those that belong to my own children, are called SOMETHING. ALL of them. I could put up plenty more photos of them...

Ah, so here they are then, PeterPan. Good.
This puts me in the right mind to go about looking for the photos of "Olga" and "Juanita", two dolls that my husband brought home from two of his international business trips. But I must find them and scan them first...
Then I'll also tell you where they are from.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back