TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.gatheringshadow.net
Stump Fungus

05f17e3cfa5de42020eaa6df34fb4805.jpg

Comments Please.

*braces himself*

Something about the lighting... I'm not sure what exactly but there is something there that's bothering me. I like the shot because it draws your eye around the picture but the lighting is...off. Good work though.

I think so. It's not too even of a flash so it takes away from the picture some. If it was less, the fungus would be highlighted and the rest would be dark, but if it was brighter, all of the leaves would be bright. Maybe if even everything to the right of the fungus was darkened a little it would do it. It's still a good shot. Don't get me wrong. Much better than what I would've had. :)

it looks like a marshmallow that someone threw away. its neat, but i would have prefered the composition if it wasn't so dead centre. its nice fungus... but basically its just a photo of something on a stump... maybe next time bring a tripod and use natural light... then it will help us understand the environment... you said it was a dimly lit forest, but this picture doesn't make that obvious.

Most reactions

Back