What's new

Stupid focus question

kass617

TPF Noob!
Joined
Oct 2, 2009
Messages
99
Reaction score
4
Location
Boston
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I think it may have to do with some settings changes I did by accident, but here's the problem I have: The first day I got my 50mm lens, I was using the autofocus on some test shots. I was pressing the shutter button halfway to focus, and holding it I would move the camera away from the focus point, and it wouldn't change....now when I half-press the button, and it auto focuses, and then I move the camera (with the button still half pressed) it re-focuses. What am I doing wrong, or what setting could I have accidentally switched?
 
It sounds like your camera is in continuous focus (AF-C) mode, verses servo (AF-S) mode. That's the Nikon terminology, what make and model is your camera?
 
You're right, I must have moved the dial while holding it down...I figured it out after posting...please ignore and forgive my stupidity, lol.
 
You're right, I must have moved the dial while holding it down...I figured it out after posting...please ignore and forgive my stupidity, lol.

Don't sweat it! :) I wish I could delete all the silly questions I was asking on other forums after I got my first DSLR.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom