STUPID QUESTION ALERT - Manfrotto Quick Release

Well, since Overead is nighty night and I'm half in the bag, this is what I see when I mount my QR plate to the camera body.

714487966_iYh8f-XL.jpg

BTW, this image is of a Nikon D700 with a 105mm f/2.8 macro lens and SB-800 flash attach and shot with a D300 with 50mm f/1.8 lens and SB800 flash in TTL mode.... :lol:

Do you have the same head? With my camera and the plate attached exactly like that.....

It attaches to my tripod like this.

1116090014.jpg

I have to second the idea of the handle being annoying sticking backwards.
My old tripod was like this and I hated it, and almost knocked the setup over several times because of the handle position.

I do I do!
*yes sleep depravation is kicking in and making me remember random stuff - like that 3way head I don't use much - wich turns out tobe a 390!*

Ahem turn it all around the other way!
Either turn the plate around in the holder - its a tight fit, but it will fit (you have to pull the release lever all the way out). OR just ignor the arrow on the plate and point your lens the other way.

I have to second the idea of the handle being annoying sticking backwards.
My old tripod was like this and I hated it, and almost knocked the setup over several times because of the handle position.

I hate it sticking backwards, but I can't imagine tryingto control things with the arm out infront - way too fiddly! I did once take the arm off a 3way head to get rid of it, sadly that was the end of my cheapo tripod as after that the arm never went back into the socket (darn internal nut fell out and it was all sealed plastic so no getting in to fix it)

Most reactions

Back