Stupid question here, I need help with sizing

They are likely dry mounting the Kodak metallic print onto the mount board.

A mat that has a window cut in it so the photo shows and the mat serves to keep the print from contacting the glazing. Using a mat in front means needing a frame larger than the image. A mat in front of the image also helps visually separate the image from the wall wher the framed photo hangs.

If there won't be a mat in front, they make spacers that keep the glazing away from the print.

That will shorten the life of the print, even if the mount board is of archival quality. Over time the mount board will absorb contaminants from the atmosphere and the acidity of the mount board will increase. Since the print is stuck to the mount board the mount board cannot be replaced and the more acid it becomes the quicker the print will deteriorate.

Last edited:
I'm surprising my girlfriend with a print she really likes of mine and I just need to know the standard landscape size prints, I haven't printed anything since I took photography in high school and I have no idea how landscapes are sized, I went to CVS.com and looked there for prints and the biggest they do is 8x10 and that's not big enough for the entire picture to fit, I have an account on fineartamerica.com and was just curious on how much prints would be from there for it and its nearly $100 dollars for a 16x8.88 with basic frame and matting (I know I can get my own frame and matting cheaper than that). But with all the photo stores gone now I don't know where I can get a size like that

View attachment 77133

at the risk do being yelled at by the anti Walmart folks, maybe try them? They have great prices and Quality Prints!

Quality comes in a variety of grades.

The expertise of the in store personnel can vary widely from Walmart store to Walmart store.
The make/model of the machine used to make the prints can also vary, though most Walmart stores use one of the Fiji Frontier print making machine models.

Print machine maintenance is also a store by store variable.

Most reactions

Back