Sugar Fix

aprilraven

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
After being inspired by Amanda and Big Mikes hummingbird photos, I decided to post some of mine for ya'll to see. Since I have 5 hummingbird feeders, I tried to capture a few shots of the birds feeding.

IMG_1360nf.JPG

IMG_0073nf.JPG

IMG_0136nf.JPG

081505a.jpg

Girl, that last image is first-rate. :thumbup: I have a feeder too, but one of the reasons I've not bothered shooting is we've all seen them at their feeders (only way to catch the little buggers!). :lol: Capturing them actually partaking in natural food is quite a feat.

Great work! I also like the wing action of the first image. :D

They're one of my favorite creatures; tiny, ferocious little things who hate sharing the feeder! :lol:

I'm always sad when they leave the area in early October. :heart:

i'm now convinced you've been screwing with us all along. what's the name of your photog business? have a website? hmmmmmm? ;)

JonK said:
yeh aprilraven! That first one is bang on for me; love the movement in the wings. Excellent job of bluring the BG too.:)

Ditto! Good shots! I've always wanted to shoot them especially after I found out that 1/1000 won't even stop their wings still! What was this shot at? Just to fuel my curiosity?

John E. said:
Wonderful pictures, I enjoyed them all for different reasons

agreed. four very different, excellent photos. for me #2 gets the :thumbsup: , not often these little guys have the wings stopped.

oh my gosh, ya'll are way too kind...!!
terri: i love hummers too..and i have anywhere from 50 to 60 by this time of year..their babies have all congergated and they feed constantly..i go thru 15lbs of sugar a week..and mine will land on your hand as your filling feeder..they seem quite tame
jon mikal: God love you..quit teasing me..
eric: what is this shot at?? how cute are you? do you think i can answer that? i wanna say, my back yard..off the deck..but you mean the technical stuff.....right.
jonk:i wouldnt know how to blur a back ground if you gave me a manual...!! sweet of you to think i might...hello..braindead here...can you say "luck"?? i kept thinking, i know there is supposed to be dof here, but i cant find it...

ya'll are all way too kind... remember, i pick up stuff from ya'll...these are just a result of your tutoring without knowing... thank you...ya'll made my week..!!
all of you....thanks for the comments, and compliments...i really do cherish what you say.

This is so amazing: there I had to go to the zoo and in the zoo to the butterfly house to see my first live hummingbird, and you have hummingbird feeders in your verandahs and see them coming and are even able to take their photos! Wow.

And you got one of hummingbird feeding on a real FLOWER - wow. Too nice. It must be so difficult to get their photo!

Great shots...much better than mine. Very nice work. :thumbsup:

very nice aprilraven!!! I just love the last one, it's almost impossible to catch them not at a feeder :) Now you've given me a new challenge :)

Most reactions

Back