Sugar

Brilliant, but surreal. Don't know too many women who want to have themselves seen as such, but maybe I'm not travelling in the same circles where this is done. Your photography and post-processing is, as usual, impeccable.

Awesome work, binga!

I'll have to show this to my 15-year old daughter. She would absolutely love this. She is really into doing special fx makeup, gory and scary, all the way!

Brilliant, but surreal. Don't know too many women who want to have themselves seen as such, but maybe I'm not travelling in the same circles where this is done. Your photography and post-processing is, as usual, impeccable.
Thanks Paul...the makeup to this lady was all about her journey so far...Jenko here is another from the series

Journey by Chris Crossley, on Flickr

There is obviously a lot of symbolism there that totally escapes me, so my impressions are rather superficial. My overall impression, based on the collage you made for her, the makeup and the elements, is that the lady has been through some very rough times, and yet her journey is allowing her to take control (or at least ownership) of whatever happened earlier. The blond, curly hair is usually associated with sunniness, lightness, and femininity, and yet the darkness of dress, the skeletal form makeup, and her holding the crow feathers (I think they are crow feathers) signal a very different story. As I noted earlier, I'm sure I'm missing most of the symbology, which is meaningful to her and her audience. I'm sure she discussed with you what impression she wanted to create for you to be able to render it the way you did. Powerful work.

oh...just.....oh.... well done!

the first one reminds me of something out of New Orleans but i can really fathom how i made that connection...

wow.
that should be hanging on her wall.
how much of that is makeup and how much is Photoshop?
the level of artistry in your work never ceases to amaze me.

Another close up. It does appear to be exactly as it does or should. Maybe, but then again I could be wrong. It is macabre. I like the second one. Makes me feel good. There is a lot to say about that feeling. The other faces in that picture make it even better. Wow, I feel great.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back