Suggest a theme!

manda

instigator of pottymouthedness
Reaction score
Website
www.lyptonvillage.org
Lately we haven't had a huge lot of submissions for the challenges, so this thread is for you to make suggestions on themes.

Alternately you can PM a theme suggestion to Twist, Chase, MDowdey, Voodoo or myself.

Tell us what you want. Suggest a theme and yours may come up in the future. :sillysmi:

Ok, some new challenges:

-Life/Death (celebration of Life, Inevitability of Death)
-Extreme Close-ups
-Abandoned Buildings/Ruins
-Snow (I'm going on a limb here since I live in Phoenix!!)
-Water/Fluidity
-Motion

Just a few I thought of. Sorry if some of them seem morbid, like Death and Ruins, but I think they are part of our Photographic Universe. While I don't condone killing anything alive :eek: , pictures of dead flowers or plants/trees can make strong statements.

Anyone, let me know what you think. Voodoocat?

D.

Well our second challenge was water.

Snow? What is the quickest way to snow from Phoenix? Flagstaff? I suppose we could always shave some ice and use that in a photo :D

Why not cold?
I certainly will have enough snow to do snow and am more them willing to share, but cold leaves it open for those of us enjoying warmer climates, they can find things in the freezer!
:p

collage (or whatever you call it, im a newbie :lol: )

earwax.jpg

this is interesting beacuse it can be any subject, :D

that would be a lot of fun, michal. i've always wanted to give that a try. i wonder if i could pull it off. :scratch:

carlita said:
i've always wanted to give that a try. i wonder if i could pull it off. :scratch:

Well, give it a shot Carlita...let us know how it turns out.

I think I might give it a try too.

I would like to see a night sky challenge, I spend a lot of time doing this and find it very rewarding, although you do have to have obsessive perseverance to be any good at it..My favourite type of shot is when you have something like your house in the foreground with all the stars visible above it, kind of reminds you that you’re on a ball of rock wizzing through space!

Cheers

Synergy

Time-- the seasons, the passing of time (growing older, a broken down barn or somethign.. the ware of time on stuff...), preservance of things, growth and natural change, eternal/perpetuality....

Majesty of Nature

Majesty of the Unnatural (a big city shot, a shot of a skyscraper)

simplicity

sadness

happiness

life/birth (saplings, bambi shots..., mother duck with ducklings...)

ramjamband said:
Christmas Decorations! Over here in the UK many people are spending huge amounts of money decorating their homes so could be interesting.

Unfortunately we've already started the December challenge and by the time for the next challenge comes Christmas will have come and gone. That's not to say that you can't incorporate Christmas lights into this months challenge though :wink:

Most reactions

Back