Suggest a theme!

my first ever try at collage,

7or 8 shots to get this togheter.

(this pic is also a link to my latest set (atmo DnB), if ya like some drums, and more drums)

Inspired by Christopher's DIY pinhole camera, I suggest a theme of pinhole shots.

I know, I know, not everyone has a pinhole camera. But they are easily and cheaply made. There are pinhole cameras that can be bought. Cameras with interchangable lenses can use a pinhole modified body cap. Was it P Bailey that posted some shots using vintage cams fitted with a pinhole?

Maybe we could have some advance notice, so folks could figure out what they need to get? I think it sounds fun, and a little off the beaten path.

Anyway, I'm loading up my Beseler pinhole cam and taking it out tomorrow. The Beseler pinhole cam comes in a kit for about $30. It's made of cardboard and you assemble it yourself; it was easy. It takes eight 6x9cm exposures on a roll of 120 film.

There are many, many websites showing how to make pinhole cameras from scratch, from vintage or toy cams, and how to modify body caps. there is a great site out there somewhere on how to build one out of an oatmeal box and it shoots on 8x10 paper.

C'mon! Who's with me? Even if it can't be an "official" Photo Forum contest, we should still do it, and fire it up in the themes section.

Suggestions? How about:

Road signs
Night shots
Architecture
People
Games
City Life
Country Life
Old
New
Landscape
Macro
Squares
Circles
Kitchen Art
Time
Flowers
Candy
Monuments
Sports
Insects
Technology
Flight
Cameras
Automobile
Plane
Train

There's all kinds of themes out there!

How about something like "Environmental Impact". Might be a little depressing but it is something we all have to face up to eventually.

how about wabi-sabi if u know what that means... (beauty in old unbeuatiful subjects... something like that i think one of my teachers taught me that) night shots are always FUN!!! a series theme would be pretty cool umm not sure if youve done it yet but free-choice (everyones best work any theme) you would get a ton of talented entries then... sabbatier or solarization for peeps w/o darkroom... a bit of a more tech and harder idea would be a film freeze where you freeze your film for like 24 hours then take it from the freezer and directly into a hot water pre wash development... its hard to do but when it works it cracks the emultion of the film and buts a very strong grain and cracked look on the film i dunno never done it sucessful but it looked interesting on some classmates that did it... i think youve done it before but abstract, or callage or pinhole are all fun projects i think the meaning for these comps should actually be a fun one and just to get others who do not experiment with the other styles outside of there normal style to expierement... i dunno just talking out my a$$ now haha

Hi, I don't post much, but I've noticed that a lot of the Photo Challenge themes have been kinda 'vauge' in that it was difficult for the photographer to decide whether his/her photo fit the category (ie: weather, rule of 3rds)...

Now this is cool because it show everyone's different interpretations, but me and Pilgrim were talking aboot it the other day, and we were both thinking it would be kinda cool if you had a really specific one, so everyone knows exactly what it is, and we get to see how each artist works around that.

My suggestion would be something like "shopping carts", or "lawnmowers"...

We like to keep things general so that people have the freedom to choose they're own subjects when coming up with a photo for the challenge. We hardly ever reject photos. Take the theme and interpret it as you feel. That's pretty much the way it goes.

Anyway we may be able to try a more specific subject next month. It would be interesting to see the different takes.

How about Nature over Man? You know, like when 4 lanes of traffic stop to let a line of geese walk across the road? (Hey, it happens - I've seen it!)

voodoocat said:
Well our second challenge was water.

Snow? What is the quickest way to snow from Phoenix? Flagstaff? I suppose we could always shave some ice and use that in a photo :D

I think that snow may be impossible for someone who lives f.e. in Africa :), therefore I was thinking about ICE... for instance in a cup of tea or something.

And some more proposals: :p
wires/cords
light and color experiments (non photoshop improvements)
beaches
And what about underwater photos? I know that really few people have underwater staff but it may be funny

Most reactions

New Topics

Back