Suggestion for two new forums

voodoocat said:
Oooh oooh, *raises hand* I've got one!

How about:

The Barely here and comes back only to whine about the off-topic forum Forum

:lol:

ditto.

gotta add a few more things here- i have been in the process of moving into a new house for about 3 weeks now, and before that i was buried with work for clients, so have not had any time in the last month or so to learn new things or post in the gallery for feedback. (am definitely having withdrawal symptoms). thus, all of my posts have been in ot, which i am able to do on the fly and very quickly. this has kept me in touch with the people here, kept me in touch with people who share my passion for photography, even if the topics on which we converse are not necessarily photo-related. the ot forum has kept me connected to and active on this website as a whole. if you limit ot too stringently, this would take away a significant amount of the spontenaiety that makes it fun, and i guess during phases like the one i'm in i'd have just to read and not participate, which would be boring as hell. i'd probably just drift away to another board. and yup, i know, a few here would love to see that happen :p so i probably just argued my way into that which would least like to see. my bottom line: keep it the way it is and let people who don't like the evolution of the ot stick to other parts of the site, which is what they're arguing for in the first place.
side note- it blows my mind, nukie, that you can't bring yourself to stay away from ot if it irriates you so much. i think maybe deep down you get a kick out of reading the ot threads, then get even more of a kick out of complaining about them.

Osmer_Toby said:
side note- it blows my mind, nukie, that you can't bring yourself to stay away from ot if it irriates you so much. i think maybe deep down you get a kick out of reading the ot threads, then get even more of a kick out of complaining about them.

Over at RDO their OT forum is very similar...people ***** about it left and right...but keep going back. :D

Shark said:
Osmer_Toby said:

Over at RDO their OT forum is very similar...people ***** about it left and right...but keep going back. :D

that is just too funny, man. guess some people just get off on bitchin.

Osmer_Toby said:
Shark said:
Osmer_Toby said:

that is just too funny, man. guess some people just get off on bitchin.

Jesus, you pinned it. If you ever want to get into a heated debate about religion or politics. go check out 'The Sump' at reefs.org. Bleah.

Let me clarify my position...

The off-topic area is pretty close to a free for all (and that isn't entirely bad) but if someone starts a relatively serious topic in there, everyone should at least make an effort to stay on that topic. I don't really intend to moderate the OT area much, but I'd like to see a little more respect (for lack of a better word) given to what the topic of some of the threads are if it is a somewhat serious topic.

I just did a terrible job of explaining my position, but hopefully you guys can figure it out
:lol:

I like this whole thread. :D I think it's a positive thing to be open about what we dislike and like about the place.

Chase is sooooo tolerant of us. :love:

terri said:
I like this whole thread. :D I think it's a positive thing to be open about what we dislike and like about the place.

That's it...I'm banning you.

I need to prove that I'm tough, no more of this tolerance stuff... :twisted: :roll:

Chase said:
terri said:

That's it...I'm banning you.

I need to prove that I'm tough, no more of this tolerance stuff... :twisted: :roll:

Okay, okay..... I really am scared of you, ok? I tremble when I see you're online. You're so mean...so intolerant. My hands are shaking as I type this..... :green to:

graigdavis said:
I broke my arm once in the third grade.

Poor baby.... I broke my collar bone when I fell out of bed as a toddler....I'm sorry, wasn't this the subject? Broken bones?? :scratch:

How's about you, Chaseypants? Anything *cracked* your way??? :twisted:

ya know, i've never broken a bone in my entire life. nor have i ever had stitches. come to think of it, i don't think i've ever had a serious illness. i had a cold once, a few years ago.

Most reactions

Back