suggestion on camera backpack

MRivera

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello everyone,
I am currently looking to purchase a bag to keep my camera safe. I would like to buy a backpack to carry my SLR, books and laptop. I have check on amazon but I can't decide what to buy. My only concern is that the backpack must not look like I am carring a camera. Any suggestions? on brand would be appreciate it.
Thank you.
MR

Ive found its hard to find a bag that combines both use as a camera bag, and as a regular backpack. I have a small lowerpro bag that will fit my camera, a lens a flash and some other little things. Its nice cuz its really compact and theres no wasted space.

But when i go out mountain biking a just bring a camelbackish bag and wrap my camera in a tshirt to keep it safe.

I've got a Lowepro Computrekker AW. It holds plenty of camera gear, a laptop and has room for a few other things...although maybe not school books.

I have a lowepro computrekker aw pro too. I am in love with the thing but it is kinda big. I have a smaller version that I rarely use but for the equipment I had at the time, it was great. It was a Qunaray something or another.

Worth it but they're not really accessible on the fly. You do need to put it down... grab whatever you need, zip it back up... A shoulder bag is better if you're in and out of it.

I agree. The backpack is great while traveling or hiking...but it's a real PITA to get in or out of.

I agree. The backpack is great while traveling or hiking...but it's a real PITA to get in or out of.

I've been thinking of a small front pack for quick in and out. Any suggestion for that?

For hiking i have a Northern Rock 70 litre expedition bag, and just shove a lowepro slingshot in there.

Carrying stuff... computer trekker is the best idea, most camera bags are dedicated, and dont have space for other gear. A major oversight in my opinion by bag designers.

Find a nice camera store and check out their inventory.

I thought I wanted a backpack but ended up getting a slinger. Am very happy with it. (Don't carry the laptop in it.)

I've been thinking of a small front pack for quick in and out. Any suggestion for that?
I know that Lowepro has a 'belt pack' type of bag, or there is a belt system with interchangeable parts. Another option is a sling style bag.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back