suggestion on camera backpack

MRivera

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello everyone,
I am currently looking to purchase a bag to keep my camera safe. I would like to buy a backpack to carry my SLR, books and laptop. I have check on amazon but I can't decide what to buy. My only concern is that the backpack must not look like I am carring a camera. Any suggestions? on brand would be appreciate it.
Thank you.
MR

JimmyO

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
Ive found its hard to find a bag that combines both use as a camera bag, and as a regular backpack. I have a small lowerpro bag that will fit my camera, a lens a flash and some other little things. Its nice cuz its really compact and theres no wasted space.

But when i go out mountain biking a just bring a camelbackish bag and wrap my camera in a tshirt to keep it safe.

Big Mike

I am Big, I am Mike
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.mikehodson.ca
Photos NOT OK to edit
I've got a Lowepro Computrekker AW. It holds plenty of camera gear, a laptop and has room for a few other things...although maybe not school books.

OP
MRivera

MRivera

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
Thank you all...

dpolston

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
I have a lowepro computrekker aw pro too. I am in love with the thing but it is kinda big. I have a smaller version that I rarely use but for the equipment I had at the time, it was great. It was a Qunaray something or another.

Worth it but they're not really accessible on the fly. You do need to put it down... grab whatever you need, zip it back up... A shoulder bag is better if you're in and out of it.

Big Mike

I am Big, I am Mike
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.mikehodson.ca
Photos NOT OK to edit
I agree. The backpack is great while traveling or hiking...but it's a real PITA to get in or out of.

passerby

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
I agree. The backpack is great while traveling or hiking...but it's a real PITA to get in or out of.

I've been thinking of a small front pack for quick in and out. Any suggestion for that?

AlexParlett

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
For hiking i have a Northern Rock 70 litre expedition bag, and just shove a lowepro slingshot in there.

Carrying stuff... computer trekker is the best idea, most camera bags are dedicated, and dont have space for other gear. A major oversight in my opinion by bag designers.

Fliphishermon

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
Find a nice camera store and check out their inventory.

I thought I wanted a backpack but ended up getting a slinger. Am very happy with it. (Don't carry the laptop in it.)

Big Mike

I am Big, I am Mike
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.mikehodson.ca
Photos NOT OK to edit
I've been thinking of a small front pack for quick in and out. Any suggestion for that?
I know that Lowepro has a 'belt pack' type of bag, or there is a belt system with interchangeable parts. Another option is a sling style bag.

Most reactions

ClickASnap

New Topics