suggestions for a wide angle lens for canon 40D

Several folks have recommended the US$440 Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8. This lens gets good reviews. You might be able to rent it for a test drive.

I have the US$960 EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM. If it and the Tamron are out of your budget, the US$140 EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS might suit your needs.

Ok, I'm kinda in shock here. If memory serves me correctly BigMike owns this lens and I thought he liked it. He mentioned the focal range but not the Tamron lens.

I also would highly recommend the Tamron 17-50mm f2.8. I am an admitted Lcholic and own a nice selection of L glass. The Tamron 17-50 is one of my few non L lenses and my only non Canon lens and you can't pry it out of my bag. I't light, has excellent optics, is fast and reasonably well built. (If you ever own a 24-70mm f2.8 you will understand reasonably) My only complaint is the same one several people have made and that is the focus motor is noisy compared to a USM. If you are not using this in a dead silent church then it would be IMO an excellent lens to investigate.

Hi;
I will put my 2 cents in. The lens I use the most for what you want is the old but trusted 50mm 1.8 II. Check on ebay under Canon ef or Canon EOS, or just Canon 35mm. All EF lens will fit, both 35mm Rebel and the digital. The lens fit both back to 1987. Check with the Canon web site on the list of lens that are out there. I think the last one I got on ebay was a 35mm canon rebel with a 50mm lens for $50.00. Along with that I got a bag, flash, and a few filters. Check it out.

Crazy

Most reactions

Back