Suggestions For Equip Bag/Case

firemedic0135

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys In need of a bag for camera,got any good suggestions they all look the same to me.Thanks for any help

Missing info... depends what and how much equipment you are carrying. How about budget too.

For a medium, I like my lowe pro slingshot 200AW. Even big enough for my pentax 645 system.

For a lightweight bag, I have a plain jane messenger bag purchased from the good will store that I use for all sorts of trips. When used as a camera bag, I insert a domke 3 sectional padded insert. ** This is the one I use the most ** Doesn't look a camera bag and thus is generally "safer' from potential theft.

For more junk, I use a lowepro 400AW shoulder bag with two shoulder straps to even out the weight across both shoulders. There are two larger sizes made by lowepro but I couldn't imagine carrying any more stuff on my shoulder.

I also have a backpack Tamrac Expedition 7. Carrys a boat load of stuff but I haven't used it in years, which means I should ebay the darn thing. It is a well built backpack but I find backpacks in general so inconvenient.

For airplane travel, there is only one in my opinion... the Pelican 1510 with padded divider set.

You don't have to spend the money to get a good bag ( as in my messenger bag with inserts).

Sorry I didnt mention equipment.not alot right now but it is growing nearly every day.
alpha a100 with a 35-80,70-300,50mm and will prob buy another better 18-70 zoom and prob 105 prime or somethig to the like just trying to get a feel for what I need before sinking alot of money into another lens.also cables,cloths,charger,etc.Need something to be kinda mobile once baseball kicks off,but not obnoxiously large that is gonna make me stand out like some kinda goober.
Budget is pretty flexible,but bag does not have to be top of the line.
I also agree with you on the pelican case.We use those at the Fire dept and they are about the only thing we cant destroy.

Most reactions

Back