Suggestions for photo albums?

Jon_Are

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Up until now, I've shown my work to others either on the computer screen or, just a few times, via framed enlargements. I'm realizing it might be nice to have a photo album that I could use to display some prints.

In searching the net, I'm overwhelmed by the options, so I figured I'd come here and see what others are using (products as well as sites).

I would like the album to fairy simple, but not cheap looking. I would print and mount mostly 5 x 7s, I guess, with the occasional 8 x 10.

Any specific suggestions?

Any other considerations I'm overlooking?

Thanks,

Jon

Up until now, I've shown my work to others either on the computer screen or, just a few times, via framed enlargements. I'm realizing it might be nice to have a photo album that I could use to display some prints.

In searching the net, I'm overwhelmed by the options, so I figured I'd come here and see what others are using (products as well as sites).

I would like the album to fairy simple, but not cheap looking. I would print and mount mostly 5 x 7s, I guess, with the occasional 8 x 10.

Any specific suggestions?

Any other considerations I'm overlooking?

Thanks,

Jon

What about a digital picture frame.

What about a digital picture frame.

Nahhhh...I want something more old school. More hands-on.

Jon

this is something i have been using for digital photos. All the photos are printed the same size , about 6x9 on 8.5 X11 paper. then i place them in this folio with an archival interleave paper to protect the image.

the folio makes a lovely presentation.

with silver prints i have used the standard clam shell box which is very nice and can be purchased a various places including Printfile

Presentation Albums, Cases & Folios - NEW Magna Folios

I would say go to a store that sells photo albums and pick up different ones, and feel them out. Albums are visual but also very tactile, how it fits in your hand and how it feels when you turn the page are things to consider.

(You said you want to go old school, but digital scrapbooks is also something worth looking into. You can come up with all sorts of designs and it's easy to give to other people as gifts.)

My problem with just "going to a store" that has photo albums is, they all seem to have freakin flowers, bows, and other girly stuff on the covers. No offense to the girls, but I want a manly album. Something plain and solid. No Mauve, fushia, flowers, bows, or birds...

But I also don't want to spend $30-50 on an album. I'd like a manly looking $5.99 album like all the Fushia, Mauve, flowers, and bows albums that are readily available, thanks.

My problem with just "going to a store" that has photo albums is, they all seem to have freakin flowers, bows, and other girly stuff on the covers. No offense to the girls, but I want a manly album. Something plain and solid. No Mauve, fushia, flowers, bows, or birds...

But I also don't want to spend $30-50 on an album. I'd like a manly looking $5.99 album like all the Fushia, Mauve, flowers, and bows albums that are readily available, thanks.

Have you tried "Craft" stores? I think they would have a bigger selection than the average WalMart

Have you tried "Craft" stores? I think they would have a bigger selection than the average WalMart
Yeah, I have a Michael's Crafts store nearby (not much else though). Haven't made it to there yet. I stopped at the local Ritz, which is nothing more than a small booth in the middle of another store. They had some Pioneer photo albums that were pretty nice. I've been looking at those on Adorama, but wanted to see one in person first.

Most reactions

Back