What's new

Suggestions for this wandering fisherman?

lifeson1

TPF Noob!
Joined
Aug 9, 2008
Messages
14
Reaction score
0
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Shot a few years ago in Ireland - I know it's busy, and albeit possibly too dark for the fisherman, but do you think it's salvageable?


ire_fisherman.gif
 
Well, I for one like the green!
But then I always like such green.
Everyone here knows that about me...
The fisherman IS too dark.
You could try to selectively brighten him so he stands out a little more. As he is now, he hardly looks like he could possibly be your subject. The brigde and greens look more like it.
My son would like this photo, all the same, more so since he's planning to go fishing in Northern-Ireland in September :D.
 
Thanks. I am going to try and 'fix' him a bit. Subject is very questionable - shot just doesn't 'look' right without the fisherman. And yes, this was a shot on the fly outside of Ashford Castle, in Cong. GREAT place to fish. . . We'll see if it's print worthy here after I've done some work. Justr don't know if it's show worthy or not. And yes, I really like green, too. And it is very lush environment over there. Not artificial at all.
 
Honestly, I could see this shot cropped to have the fisherman completely gone. Regardless, the greens in this shot are absolutely stunning. Overall, nice work.
 
I keep staring at it... whatever the case, it's a neat image. I feel like you could probably just brighten up the whole thing just a hair and that might be enough, but whatever the case it's a really interesting shot. Thanks for sharing.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom