Suggestions on a lighting setup for smaller objects?

fiveoboy01

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have been looking at a few lighting setups with a small light box/tent for shooting pictures of objects... Static pictures of various things, whatever I find that I think might be interesting...

I am just sort of looking for a package, my budget isn't very large. I came across this one browsing B&H, would it be suitable? Is flourescent lighting suitable for taking static shots of various "things"?

Bowens | Unilite 2 Light Kit with Cocoon (120V) | BW-3385US

Can it be used for some basic portrait photography(the two lights that is) eventually? Or are they not sufficient or have un-desirable type of light for portraits?

If anyone has other suggestions for a setup in that price range please put it out there.

Light Tent for Product Photography by ALZO Digital

ALZO 100 Cool Lite Tent Kit for Digital Product Photography by ALZO digital

Welcome to CowboyStudio! Photography Equipments| Camera Accessories

The least expensive "lighting" is three clamp on reflectors (~$10 ea.) and CF bulbs.

This was shot in a 24" light tent, two 65w CF bulbs in 10" reflectors from the sides and a 26w from the top....

50mmf14.jpg

Cheers, Don

I have been looking at a few lighting setups with a small light box/tent for shooting pictures of objects... Static pictures of various things, whatever I find that I think might be interesting...

WalMart; 100W Daylight CFs, 2 pack is around $8-10, and clamp lights are $6-8 each. They carry a lot of things you can use to make the light tent out of, or you can use random junk that's laying around.

How to Make An Inexpensive Light Tent - DIY
Super Simple Light Tent
ikea hacker: make a light tent for small object photography
Strobist: How To: DIY $10 Macro Photo Studio
Digital Photography How-To: Building a Light Tent | CreativePro.com

Most reactions

Back