Suggestions on lens for D610

When I went to Boston, I used a messenger style bag and I only carried two lenses. But I only used the 12-24 f/4 + D7000 about 98% of the time. I could see the city skyline from the hotel window, so that's when I used the 50mm to get that extra reach and light. But I pack light when I travel. Planning on visiting NYC soon and I'm not bringing my D610..I'll probably rent a camera like the Panasonic LX100 or something.

I love this camera and lens. Im super happy with my choice. Thank you all for your help. I have a hell of a lot to learn now.

Last edited:
If its landscape cityscape I suggest getting the 20mm 1.8G and perhaps just throw another 50mm 1.8G in the bag for walk around. You can probably do it all with those two for less than $1000

Question for you guys.

Within 30 days of purchase, I have the option to buy a 3 yr warranty that covers accidental (water damage, drops, ect) for the lens and body. Its $200 and covers up to $2500. The body and lens was $2300. This seems like a no brainer. The coverage IS through Nikon.

Thoughts? Do you guys purchase these on new product?

I very rarely buy extended warranty. Its entirely up to you. I personally, would rather spend the extra $200 on another lens..but I'm cheap and don't like paying for extended warranty.

But if you have a tendency to drop things, then it would probably be worth it just to have a peace of mind I suppose. lol.

Most reactions

Back