Suicide Point

RobN185

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Beachy Head, Eastbourne, UK

1. For scale, you can see my 4x4 on side of the road just below the lighthouse, I think the cliffs are about 300 foot high with a shear drop. Occasionally, though erosion, parts fall into the sea.

8457602611_eb27ee3e2c_b.jpg

2. Yes, that's a guy on the very edge of the cliff....I don't particularly like this shot, but it does give a sense of scale.

8458714372_043c78b3a9_b.jpg

So, did you jump?

Looks like you were in Dover - I don't remember seeing white cliffs in France. Nice shots - must have been a very calm day!

I think this spot has A LOT of potential. I dont really LOVE either of these shots, with 1 being the better of the two.

I would love to see some more shots of this place though.

Somebody should put up a railing.

It looks like one of those places where they build golf courses.
Nice shots BTW. I find them interesting for casual viewing.

/rant on...
Well, in some parts of the world, it is assumed that your self-preservation instinct would prevent you from doing really stupid things, and it doesn't have to be pointed out that being at the edge of a 300 ft. cliff COULD be dangerous. I find the current trend of putting warning labels on everything because someone might do something stupid, is just allowing the unthinking to escape their responsibility for their own actions.
/rant off.

Yeah, I know you guys were joking but this kind of need to protect the thinking-challenged from themselves, isn't going to make the world a better place. (says the sour curmudgeon... ;))

With "WATCH YOUR STEP" signs

And with a guard their 24/7 with a lasso. /sarcasm

I wouldnt like the picture with a rail, but I guess it is practical.

They probably didn't put up a railing because it would fall into the sea. But it's probably more because they aren't in America.

Are you kidding. Here it wouldn't be a railing. It would be barbed wire fence with a "DO NOT CROSS" line painted on the ground and a park service officer every 100 feet.

Most reactions

Back