Sumatran Tigers

JOAT

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Some tiger pics from my zoo visit a month ago.

tiger.jpg

tiger2f.jpg

tiger3f.jpg

tiger4f.jpg

sumtiger4f.jpg

sumtifer4f.jpg

sumtiger1.jpg

Holy cow JOAT> These are amazing man. Awesome stuff. I know you love big cats, so I can bet you have these on your wall.

Superb series, great colour and focus. Has to be number 1&6 for me :thumbup:

I don't know how you do it. I'm either shooting them through glass, or through the fence, but my pics don't look anything like yours. Bravo.

Antarctican said:
I don't know how you do it. I'm either shooting them through glass, or through the fence, but my pics don't look anything like yours. Bravo.
Thanx as usual everyone for the comments and taking the time to look.

Antarctican, These were actually through the fence. Although I had to shoot at full zoom 400mm to blur out the fence, you could see it a bit on some of the images but barely. I wish the background were better on the others as well. I only have a few full body shots because of shooting wide open.

In the summer they had them in area free of fences near the front, hopefully they will be there again.

woodsac said:
Very nice!
That first one seems to be tack sharp around the face!
Thanx woodsac, I just touched it up with a little USM, but not too much. As mentioned because I was shooting through a fence I had to shoot wide open so getting him all in focus was tricky especially since it was a gloomy day.

Unimaxium said:
Wow. They're all very sharp and well-exposed. The color saturation is awesome too, especially on the last two :)

this was almost my thoughts, verbatim... nice series joat, first and last are my favorites...

Most reactions

Back