What's new

Summer Palace Architecture (China!)

echoyjeff222

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Jun 27, 2010
Messages
645
Reaction score
140
Location
WA
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello all! I just got back yesterday from a LONG DAY at the Summer Palace over here in China. Overall, it was a mixed experience. The architecture and landscape was pretty amazing, but it was a steamy 100F with crowds upon crowds of people.

I extremely enjoyed the architecture of the place - I hope that you do as well! Here are three pictures that I took. I will post some landscape shots a bit later.


Summer Palace Architecture by echoyjeff222, on Flickr


Summer Palace Temple by echoyjeff222, on Flickr


Summer Palace Symmetry2 by echoyjeff222, on Flickr
 
I really LIKE how you photographed that summer palace!
The middle one gives a good impression of the building, and we neither see the "crowds upon crowds" nor the steaminess (is there such a word?) in the air. Nice! :-)
 
great stuff. as has been said, well done on finding an approach to avoid the crowds. great colours and composition, love the geometry in the third one.
 
Thanks everyone! I'm glad that those painful minutes of arching my neck upwards in front of random tourists (who probably thought I was crazy) to take those two closeups was worth it :D
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom